21.01.09

More Inaugural Ball Red Carpets

The Huffington Post Pre-Inaugural Ball

Hayden Panettiere wore a light two-tone pastel coloured Monique Lhuillier Spring 2009 strapless chiffon gown.

The colour of the gown is amazing and flatters her skin tone. She completed the look with a slick updo.

RIAA and Feeding America Inauguration Charity Ball

I don’t even know what this is? An preview of Rihanna’s 2009 Halloween costume perhaps?

What a mess.

Her Jasmine Di Milo Fall 2007 dress, looked much better on the runway.

Speaking of a mess, Courteney Cox arrived wearing a black suit, with a leather trim.

I’m thinking she went to her attic and rummage through the box that said ’80s Clothes To Be Thrown Away’.

Sadly she never got round to it.

Alicia Witt was the only shining light on a red carpet of hideousness, as he stepped out looking delightful wearing a two tone Malandrino Resort 2009 dress, which had a multi-coloured cummerbund of pailette.

She completed her look with her hair teased up in a loose updo, and a gold box clutch.

Mid Atlantic Ball

Jennifer Lopez wore a mint green one shouldered Marchesa gown when she performed at this event. It looks white under the house lights, but I assure you from other pictures it is mint green.

The dress is truly stunning with lace panels on the sides.

Jennifer has been wearing a lot of Marchesa lately, like she did when the brand first launched. It suits her so well.

Neighborhood Inaugural Ball

Singer Faith Hill wore a gorgeous black tiered Carolina Herrera Spring 2009 gown, with ruffled detailing.

Mariah Carey stuffed herself into this black velvet and lace Dolce & Gabbana off-the-shoulder gown.

Would it really hurt her to go up a size?

The Creative Coalition’s 2009 Inaugural Ball

Kerry Washington premiered a new do, as her hair was pulled back, with sweeping bangs.

The actress looked gorgeous in her couture, navy blue tulle Georges Chakra gown. The gown sparkled with Swarovski crystals.

Artist Making an Impact Pre-Inaugural Dinner

Sarah Silverman like to act the fool on the red carpet, but for once she looked really good wearing a beautiful Pamella Roland red chiffon halter gown. She scrubs up nice, when she wants to.

Source

Runway To The Creative Coalition's Inaugural Ball - Marisa Tomei In Giambattista Valli

Runway To The Creative Coalition’s Inaugural Ball – Marisa Tomei In Giambattista Valli

Who Wore Giambattista Valli Better? Diane Kruger or Marisa Tomei

Who Wore Giambattista Valli Better? Diane Kruger or Marisa Tomei

22 Responses to More Inaugural Ball Red Carpets

1. Eliza January 21, 2009 at 21:30 #

Haha, “red carpet of hideousness” is simply perfect to decsribe these disasters. (Although it’s pretty sad, isn’t it? So no “haha”.)
    I don’t even have words for Rihanna’s dress(?!?!)- it… I won’t even try. And what happened to her hair?? I had such an haircut when I was five- and I am still ashamed when I look at older pictures of myself.
    The others… I can’t help myself, but they’re all so boring.
    Boring-but-good-looking like J.Lo.
    Boring-because-grey-is-almost-always-boring like Alicia Witt.
    Boring-because-we’ve-seen-dresses-like-this-one-already-a-thousand-times-before like Hayden.

And what happened to Kerry Washington? Her dress is stunning, but her body looks so skinny and her head so huge. I hope she doesn’t want to join Posh’s Lollipop-Club…

2. Anonymous January 21, 2009 at 21:57 #

Hayden Panettiere – nice dress, but it doesn’t fit her. She doesn’t know how to pose either.

Rihanna – what a mess. I never really got into her fashion sense, and this proves why.

Courteney Cox – i can’t quite believe this, i can’t believe she wore such a horrible outfit, plus it’s black. I really thought after seeing her in a white dress recently she ditched the black like Angelina did, but no, i was wrong. This is possibly her worst look ever.

Alicia Witt – very nice. I always smile when i see a shorter guy next to the girl. I don’t know why but it makes me laugh, i guess that’s because i’m a tall guy who likes girls shorter than myself.

Jennifer Lopez – absolutely stunning! P.S. She didn’t perform, Marc did, she was on stage saying some “words of wisdom”.

Faith Hill – boring. I don’t like her new hair.

Mariah Carey – i don’t care about Mariah’s fashion sense, that’s because she never had it, what i do care about is what she sang. I hope it was “I Stay In Love”, one of her most amazing songs, and i hope she sang live.

Kerry Washington – what happened? She always looks so flawless, i guess she’s allowed to have a bad day.

Sarah Silverman – blah. Nothing special.

Electra.

3. robbie January 21, 2009 at 22:21 #

ugly, horrid, shocking, bad, terrible, bland, boring so many words to describe every outfit wore at these events.

WTF is up with kerrys face? she looks drugged up.

so sick and tired of seeing mariah careys t*ts, cover them up for god sake, she is a grown women for crying out loud. any lower and you would see her nipples.

rihanna is just terrible, wtf is that on her head, it looks like some laien type thing.

4. whitestroke January 21, 2009 at 22:36 #

FC, do you happen to know what’s the dress Kerry Washington wore at this event? :)

I know about a dozen of stars way older than Hayden that would make that gown so youthful and flowy. She always looks like the 40-year-old.

5. Fashion Critic January 21, 2009 at 22:40 #

Not sure.

I missed that one.

Wireimage moves so fast on a busy night.

6. WendyB January 22, 2009 at 00:59 #

Mariah is aspiring to make her bosoms look as big as Aretha’s, perhaps?

7. MCFS January 22, 2009 at 01:24 #

Mariah looked like a real HOT MESS last night. I do agree that I Stay in Love is one of her best songs. I wish she’d get back to work.

8. Eli January 22, 2009 at 02:52 #

I have to agree, the Inaugural balls were full of red carpet disasters.

Rihanna: She looks horrible with that weird dress and haircut. It’s completely inappropriate for this event.

Hayden: She always wears the most unflattering things. She dresses to mature for her age. She’s a very pretty girl, but she needs some serious styling.

Mariah: Her performance was as uncomfortable to watch as her dress was to wear. Maybe if she wore something that didn’t cut off her circulation, she would be able to avoid sounding and looking like a hot mess.

Courtney: Very ill-fitting, and just an all around bad choice. If you’re gonna rock the tux look, do it right.

Kerry Washington: I really liked her gown, but something is off about her look in these pictures.

Jennifer Lopez: Simple, pretty, and elegant

Everyone else was too boring to even comment on. By the way, Fashion Critic, do you know anything about Beyonce’s gown? I have mixed feelings about it, but I really want to know who made it.

9. Raquel January 22, 2009 at 03:26 #

Hayden – I love the dress, but not on her. Majkes her square-ish and stump. The color really suits her and I love the hair and makeup.

Alicia Witt – Gorgeous. A red lipstick would have brightened her whole face.

Faith – Like the dress, hate the short necklace. She always look so happy.

Sarah – That shade of red is perfectr for, trully vibrant and sassy. Does she ever wears jewelry? I can’t decide if her make up artist lost his way with the blush or if she’s sunburnt.

10. drinkupthefashion January 22, 2009 at 03:35 #

rihanna looks an absolute MESS. and she used to be one of my fave best dressed celebs >.>

and i actually don't like how kerry looks. the hair is nice. but the eye and lip makeup isn't working. they should have made her skin glow some more since the dress was a dark, dim, blue. it was a beautiful dress but her skin should have glowed more to contrast with the dim tones in the dress.

11. Trendini January 22, 2009 at 04:21 #

Mariah should just accept her size…she looks great when she fits in her clothing.

Loving J Lo’s look
    Not sure about Kerry’s hair…hum

12. What Women Want January 22, 2009 at 06:31 #

I’m sorry, but Rihanna looks stunning.. I have no idea what you’re talking about.. yeh the dress looks a bit different, but this is Rihanna we’re talking about… would you expect anything else???

13. Ladybrille.com January 22, 2009 at 06:58 #

Lol@Mariah stuffing herself into her dress.

Cheers,
    Uduak

14. Anonymous January 22, 2009 at 07:31 #

Unlike her recent metallic dress, I don’t feel like this dress smashes Hayden on top too much. She’s actually pretty flat. She looks pretty good here – at least it’s not a tight mini. Just saying… :)

15. Fashion Critic January 22, 2009 at 08:52 #

WWW, she looks like she is wearing a potato sack. I does not flatter her shape at all.

In an attempt to be edgy, she just looks ridiculous.

16. Fashion Critic January 22, 2009 at 08:57 #

Not sure about Beyonce’s gown. I have a feeling it might be a Tina Knowles original.

17. Fashion Critic January 22, 2009 at 09:22 #

Whitestroke. Kerry’s other dress was Jasmine di Milo Fall 2007

18. Kiran_Sooknandan January 22, 2009 at 12:51 #

Hey F.C, Beyonces dress is said to be Armani Prive according to the below site. It isnt from a past collection so maybe with the Haute Couture season not far away, this is a Spring 09 HC preview?

19. Parvati January 22, 2009 at 18:41 #

Is it me, or does Kerry Washington’s dress looks like one from Elie Saab’s SS2008 collection? (I think Whitney Houston wore last year the dress I’m talking about.)

20. Hannah January 23, 2009 at 01:40 #

“I am not sure what up with Hayden and strapless gowns, but they always seem to squash her boobs.”

I know right! I’ve started to notice that too. She’s so pretty, but looks kind of childish; this is only making her look more like she’s thirteen. She has such a good body, why does she lace it into these things?

21. Sara January 23, 2009 at 01:47 #

Jennifer’s dress was white. i’ve seen many pics and it’s not the lights, it’s white as snow.

22. Ruthless MEME January 24, 2009 at 09:36 #

Somebody tell Mariah Carey to dress her age…… she is 46 and still thinkin’ that she is in 1993 singing wit’ Ol’ Dirty Bastard…….. her outfits are always too tight….. and always too skimpy……. she is having a crisis…….. Vanessa Williams is about the same age as her….. and dresses decently on Ugly Betty……