20.01.09

Who Will Michelle Obama Wear Tonight?

Michelle Obama will join her husband in attending 10 inaugural balls tonight, so she will need one very special gown.

I am as excited to see the gown itself and who she wears tonight. Just for fun please pick which designer you think she will wear. I tried to keep the list American based designers, as I can’t see her picking a European designer for this special night.

My top picks are Maria Pinto, Michael Kors, Narciso Rodriguez and Oscar de la Renta.

I am guessing she will shock us all – no doubt in a good way.

Congratulations to the 10% of you that called it.

Source

Lea Michele In Juan Carlos Obando - 'Legends Of Oz: Dorothy's Return' LA Premiere

Lea Michele In Juan Carlos Obando – ‘Legends Of Oz: Dorothy’s Return’ LA Premiere

Michelle Obama Wears Jason Wu To The Inaugural Balls

Michelle Obama Wears Jason Wu To The Inaugural Balls

6 Responses to Who Will Michelle Obama Wear Tonight?

1. robbie January 20, 2009 at 16:15 #

im hoping to wears DvF, that dress is simple but gorgeous.

i would like any of them as long as she doesnt go for betsey “tacky” johnson.

i just hope they dont dress the girls to march the flag, would be so acky to have michelle and their daughers wearing red, white and blue.

im actually honestly hoping she doesnt wear any red, white or blue. would lovew something less obvious.

2. Kiran_Sooknandan January 20, 2009 at 16:49 #

Are there 10 seperate balls all on tonight

3. Anonymous January 20, 2009 at 17:04 #

I have heard that the people who are actually in the running to dress her were not allowed to leak their designs to the press, so (in my opinion) fortunately she will not be wearing anything resembling those sketches. That should make the guessing easier.
    Designers she has already worn (and were missing in those sketches) are surely in the running:
    Isabel Toledo
    Zero Maria Cornejo
    Narciso Rodriguez
    Thakoon
    Jason Wu

4. Fashion Critic January 20, 2009 at 17:08 #

Oh for sure it will not be any of the sketches, that is why I asked you guys to pick the designers.

She is wearing Isabel Toledo at the moment, so I would say she would pick a different designer for the evening.

5. Moi January 20, 2009 at 17:47 #

I know she’s gonna wear an american designer, but my favorite was Chanel. Elegent and simple. Chanel.

6. Ruthless MEME January 21, 2009 at 02:09 #

Monique Lulliher actually had that dress she designed for Michelle Obama in her pre-fall 2009 collection….. and it was white….. but my personal favorite was the Michael Kors and DVF designs……..