20.01.09

2009 Latino Inaugural Gala

Jennifer Lopez was very much on-trend wearing her electric blue Marchesa strapless gown, which had a matching blue jewel detail on the empire-waist.

I much prefer this dress to her gold Golden Globes dress. This is what she should have worn, much more classy.

I adore this green Oscar de la Renta gown on Shakira. The large bow on some would have been overbearing, but I think she carries it well.

The only thing I will say is that I prefer a wavy haired Shakira.

Paulina Rubio follows the Golden Globes nude trend, with this nude strapless gown.

This deep purple halter gown is not the most flattering for Rosario Dawson.

She bizarrely wears her dress with purple suede pumps, and her make-up is too pale. Not a great look for Rosario.

Rosie Perez squashes her lady lumps in this black Dolce and Gabbana dress with a silver embellished detail.

Source & Source

Runway To "The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button" Berlin Premiere - Angelina Jolie In Akris

Runway To "The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button" Berlin Premiere – Angelina Jolie In Akris

Who Wore Chloé Better? Kate Bosworth or Emma Roberts or Heidi Montag

Who Wore Chloé Better? Kate Bosworth or Emma Roberts or Heidi Montag

13 Responses to 2009 Latino Inaugural Gala

1. Leo January 20, 2009 at 01:45 #

Jennifer looks fantastic, the eletric blue trend is not something I love with all my might but she makes it work and that dress is just perfect for her. She so redeemed herself after that mess in the Golden Globes.

I don’t like Shakira’s dress, maybe it’s the colour. I don’t feel it fits her, and I agree with you about the hair. I like her much better with the wild hair.

Paulina is so demure it’s surprising, she’s always such a sex kitten.

Rosie’s body shape looks bad.

2. robbie January 20, 2009 at 01:47 #

what the heck is up with hollywood, there is so many boring dresses on the red carpet. these are all boring. although jennifer has the best out of them all but still god damn boring.

3. Raquel January 20, 2009 at 01:48 #

I love Shakira’s dress. She manages to pull the giant bow off and all that green as well. But I agree on the hair, waves give her such an edge.

Big Hair J-Lo, I missed thou. Much better than the GG and that’s screams “I am a diva!”.

Paulina looks washed out and souuuur.

I find the lenght of Rosie’s dress unflattering on any woman. There, I said it.

4. Sebastián January 20, 2009 at 01:54 #

Jennifer and Shakira look ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!!!! Electric blue is a color that I wouldn’t picture in Jennifer but yet it suits her so so so SOOO well haha. And Shakira also looks stunning. Maybe a shorter version of the dress would have been amazing, but however she looks great! I love both ladies in bright colors. Paulina looks weird not showing all the skin she’s used to show xD, and Rosie makes Dolce and Gabbana look soooooo lame…

5. liberian girl January 20, 2009 at 01:57 #

Jennifer Lopez dress is far from boring. It's gorgeous and sophisticated. Everyone can't pull off Alexander McQueen or Viktor & Rolf ensembles. Shakira is wearing Oscar de la Renta.

6. willia January 20, 2009 at 04:19 #

Jennifer looks great, BUT that matching blue eye make-up is JUST WRONGGG

7. ivette January 20, 2009 at 05:37 #

i love shakira and i love this dress on her!! she looks great
    we need more of her on the red carpet!!

8. Eli January 20, 2009 at 07:57 #

Jennifer is beautiful in that trendy, electric blue gown. This look is far more age appropriate and elegant than her Golden Globes look, although I did think the gold dress was sexy on her. I was really surprised to find out that this dress was by Marchesa. It just doesn’t read Marchesa to me. It’s not their style at all.

9. Anonymous January 20, 2009 at 08:38 #

Everything about that gown is right for JLo: the color is right for her skin tones and the silhouette is right for her shape.

10. Cleopatra January 20, 2009 at 12:52 #

J Lo has that Prom hairstyle again that i cant stand. she needs a major shakedown.

what is that dress shakira is wearing? me like.

11. boogie January 20, 2009 at 13:07 #

I don’t like j.lo’s hair. looks too much like a miss world’s thing!

12. ivette January 21, 2009 at 01:40 #

i was going to ask you from what collection was shakira’s dress from but i looked it up myself its from Oscar’s spring 2009 bridal collection

heres the runway pic so you could show it on from runway to red carpet =]

13. Fashion Critic January 21, 2009 at 08:43 #

thanks Ivette. That is very kind of you.