19.01.09 Premiere

Runway To "Defiance" Germany Premiere – Satsuki Mitchell in Jenny Packham

Before I tear into this, I think it’s safe to say that it was never going to be easy to pull off this Jenny Packham Fall 2008 gown.

Jenny Packham is very much the go-to designer for sparkling, embellished red carpet gowns, and this nude ensemble with a black lace overlay, and a feather trim peplum at the waist, is very much a departure from what she usually presents.

Satsuki Mitchell wore this gown, when she attended yet another Defiance premiere, this time in Germany, with boyfriend Daniel Craig.

The ensemble is a cross between something that would have been worn on the Little House on the Prairie, or as I am sure regular commentator Leo would say – something an Amish bride would wear.

It does not flatter her, it only ages her. This is a very surprising, disappointing choice, which is made worse by not wearing the belt that it was presented with.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Source & Source
Scarlett Johansson The Face of Dolce & Gabbana’s New Cosmetic Line

Scarlett Johansson The Face of Dolce & Gabbana’s New Cosmetic Line

Runway To Photo Shoot - Anna Faris In Michael Kors

Runway To Photo Shoot – Anna Faris In Michael Kors

11 Responses to Runway To "Defiance" Germany Premiere – Satsuki Mitchell in Jenny Packham

1. Sade January 19, 2009 at 15:51 #

I really don’t know why stars are leaving out the belts when wearing these gowns, the belt would have made that outfit, and I would have liked to have the Jacket more fitted to her than it is.

Its just too drab for me.

2. Danielle January 19, 2009 at 16:45 #

I disagree. It’s a risky choice but she pulls it off fairly well. Though it would have been nicer with the belt.

3. robbie January 19, 2009 at 19:11 #

i think it would have looked ALOT better if she wore the belt and didnt have the floor length skirt, it would have been nicer to have just left it knee length.

4. Meg January 19, 2009 at 21:40 #

I don’t think that anyone can make this dress work. just awful.

5. laurakitty January 19, 2009 at 21:55 #

I could make that dress work! I want it! The bodice needs to be much, much tighter.

6. Dana. January 19, 2009 at 22:49 #

Call me crazy, I like it!

She is just so gorgeous that she can pull it off. The feel of the gown just works somehow, although I do agree that the belt would have improved it a lot.

7. Leo January 20, 2009 at 01:05 #

Two words: bad fit.
    On the runway it looks much better, as in it doesn’t just hang in the models body, and the belt is a small detail that makes a huge difference.

It’s like amish girl went Scarlet O’Hara with the sofa and the sheets to make a dress.

Let’s just thank the cosmos for Daniel Craig. As much as the dress annoys me, it just takes me a look to Daniel Craig and hey, is that even a dress in the picture? Could he be more handsome? He shouldn’t be allowed to be that handsome free in the streets, they should arrest him. And lock him up in my bedroom, please.

8. Fashion Critic January 20, 2009 at 01:13 #

I love you Leo.

I have been waiting for your comment all day.

9. Leo January 20, 2009 at 01:40 #

Awww, thanks dear. :)

I have a doubt, what’s your first name? Do you mind sharing? Heh, it feels so weird calling you FC all the time.

10. Raquel January 20, 2009 at 01:45 #

She’s a very classy and elegant woman and I think she pulls it off as much as somene can pull off this dress. Let’s face it, the dress is hideous. The belt would have helped, but it would still be an ugly dress and she pulls if off much better than the model.

She looks really happy which impoves the look a 100%.

11. Ahot January 20, 2009 at 11:33 #

the hair also makes her look older