16.01.09

Social Events Of The Week

“Bride Wars” Berlin Photo Call

Finally Kate Hudson & Anne Hathaway have made it to Europe. But unfortunately it looks like Rachel Zoe did not travel with them.

Yes it is just a photocall, but come on Anne, give me something. A wrap cardi, jeans and booties just won’t do.

Kate Hudson faired better in an all black ensemble, which consisted of a black ruffled shirt, a black leather Temperley London Fall 2008 high-waisted skirt and black peep-toes.

She completed her look with a round gold necklace, which was engraved with an ‘R’. No doubt for son Ryder.

“Inkheart” New York Premiere

Jennifer Connelly looked stylish whilst keep the cold at bay. The actress was head to toe in Balenciaga.

Her dress was from the recently presented Pre-Fall 2009 collection, as are her space age booties.

“Doubt” London Photocall

I am not even sure what to say about Amy Adams’ black dress except that I am totally underwhelmed.

“Hotel For Dogs”, LA

Selena Gomez wore leg lengthening nude pumps, with her cute ivory mini BCBG Max Azria dress.

The dress had embroidery detail on the yoke, and a cute bow tied to her waist.

I am loving everything here except the lips. I really don’t like the shade with what she’s wearing.

Emma Roberts also opted for an ivory ensemble. She wore her Helmut Lang tuxedo satin lapel blazer Sonny Crockett style, whilst showing off her legs in tiny Chloe Spring 2009 shorts.

Love the look, but I would have not picked those heels.

Source

Jennifer Connelly For Harper's Bazaar UK February 2009

Jennifer Connelly For Harper’s Bazaar UK February 2009

Runway To "Doubt" VIP London Screening - Amy Adams In Giambattista Valli

Runway To "Doubt" VIP London Screening – Amy Adams In Giambattista Valli

11 Responses to Social Events Of The Week

1. Nik January 16, 2009 at 20:39 #

Poor Anne is probably sad. The Golden Globes people tricked her into believing she was going to win best actress. I think we should cut her some slack. We just have such high expectations for her. We are only tough on you, Anne, ‘cuz we love you!

Those Balenciaga booties are orgasmic. I would so trade lives with Jennifer Connelly.

Red Carpet wise, Amy does nothing for me.

2. willy January 16, 2009 at 21:12 #

actually, those booties on Jennifer aren’t from the pre-fall collection, they’re from the spring 2009 collection, but without the leggings attached,and in black, the runway collection didn’t have an all black shoe. you can get detail photos though from the shoes @ style.it :) style.com didn’t have any detail photos from the spring 09 balenciaga show :(

3. Fashion Critic January 16, 2009 at 21:16 #

Willy, if you click on the link where it says “space age booties”. You will see that the booties are actually pre-fall 2009 and not spring 2009

4. Vera January 16, 2009 at 22:36 #

Selena looks really cute. But the color of her lipstick is a big fail: too old for her.

Emma looks trashy. But I love her combination of clothes and shoes.

5. whitestroke January 17, 2009 at 01:08 #

I’m starting to think the whole theme of the Bride Wars promo tours is that Anne wears pants and Kate wears skirts. I see no other explanation.

Selena is super cute. And so is Emma’s outfit from the ankles up.

6. ~**judee**~ January 17, 2009 at 14:10 #

*sighs*….anne, just looks wrong
    :-(

7. Anonymous January 17, 2009 at 21:23 #

I love love love J-Conn’s jacket…And love that she is dressed stylishly for the weather, it was freezing in NYC that day. Emma and Selena look freezing, look at their poor cold bare legs!

8. Stacey January 17, 2009 at 21:25 #

I really love Jennifer’s jacket and that she is dressed stylishly for the weather, it was freezing in NYC that day. Poor Selena and Emma with their bare legs! They look cold.

9. Leo January 18, 2009 at 13:54 #

Anne looks so sad, it lacks life. She should’ve had accessorized better.

Emma looks scary. That posture is Miley bad. Awful, it ruins the lovely outfit.

10. willy January 18, 2009 at 18:38 #

Fashion Critic, you don’t have to accept this comment ok (x
    but just so you know, yes I did click the link, but notice the slight difference in the front platform of the pre-fall booties, then notice the front platforms from the SS 09 collection, they had rounded details, almost slightly flattened spheres, the SS 09 collection has the bootie version of the collection’s statement shoe going into retail.

11. Fashion Critic January 18, 2009 at 18:46 #

Willy. As I am concerned and from what I can see they are Pre-Fall 2009 booties.