Runway To "Doubt" VIP London Screening – Amy Adams In Giambattista Valli

The Giambattista Valli Spring 2009 collection was full beautiful voluminous dresses.

Amy Adams wore a Valli ivory strapless printed dress with a bow detail, which is an amalgamation of two dresses that were presented on the runway. Amy wore her dress, when she attended a VIP screening of her film Doubt in London this evening.

Amy is fast becoming the unofficial ambassador for the brand, as we have seen her in a few pieces from the Valli collection recently.

I do like the dress, but in comparison to the runway versions, it makes what was hot, very lukewarm.

Diane Kruger perfectly pulled of a Valli voluminous dress last year. I wish Amy had been so bold.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Source & Source
Social Events Of The Week

Social Events Of The Week

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

6 Responses to Runway To "Doubt" VIP London Screening – Amy Adams In Giambattista Valli

1. robbie January 16, 2009 at 21:31 #

why do women wear voluminious dress just to have the skirt flop down. what is the point?

it would have looked so much better if she had the runway version.

2. Ahot January 17, 2009 at 18:01 #

SAFE, safe, safe, so safe that it is BORING.A true star is never afraid of taking risks. Actually the dress is horrible on her so much promqueen. beurk!

3. gunjan January 18, 2009 at 07:21 #

both da dresses on runway have so much personality n amy just kills them both
    the version she is wearing is just another dress on da red carpet…

4. Leo January 18, 2009 at 13:51 #

Giambattista Valli made such a beautiful collection, I love all the voluminous dresses.

She should have worn this big, full skirt and dramatic how it’s suposed to look.

5. whitestroke January 21, 2009 at 17:04 #

So sad. When I was making my Best Dressed of 2008 I was deciding between 3.1 Phillip Lim at Berlinale and Giambattista Valli for Diane Kruger. I was leaning towards 3.1 Phillip Lim ’cause her Giambattista Valli dress was too recent and I didn’t want it to be obvious choice then. The reason why I in the end went with it was because I thought to myself that I should award it and remember it good ’cause who knows how many celebrities will ruin that collection in the months to come. I HATE THAT I WAS SO RIGHT. :(

You can even see how the dress folds on the front of Amy because it was supposed to be worn with full skirt underneath, and not just fall flat. TRAGIC.

6. LK January 24, 2009 at 03:14 #

Perhaps they should not allow celebrities to deflate the skirts/dresses because they don’t want to go the cocktail dress route? They could always borrow another dress, or even buy one. (But I guess why buy when one can borrow?)