16.01.09 Advertising

More Katie Holmes For Miu Miu Spring 2009

Here is another picture of Katie Holmes posing for Miu Miu’s Spring 2009 advertising campaign.

She poses with a back-drop of a blazing sky and with her hand engulfed in fire, yet there is no personality.

The campaign was shot by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott.

I hope better is to come.

Source

In Lily Allen's Closet - Chanel Russian Doll handbag

In Lily Allen’s Closet – Chanel Russian Doll handbag

In Victoria Beckham's Closet - Nancy Gonzalez Clutch

In Victoria Beckham’s Closet – Nancy Gonzalez Clutch

13 Responses to More Katie Holmes For Miu Miu Spring 2009

1. Anonymous January 16, 2009 at 14:07 #

for me there is a lot of personality there. quite dramatic – nice pick!

Lexa

2. theresa January 16, 2009 at 14:19 #

I like the colour scheme, but it lacks the energy that is usually present in Miu Miu’s campaigns. I prefer the previous shot posted.

3. Terry January 16, 2009 at 14:58 #

I think this is quite disquieting. It reminds me of Mucius Scaevola’s legend (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mucius).

4. boogie January 16, 2009 at 15:30 #

I’m not a fan of Katie, but I think she looks great! The most stylish thing she ever did.

5. Leo January 16, 2009 at 17:04 #

Better than the other picture, but still not that good. The concept is lost on me, it’s supossed to look like ‘crazy sorcerer’ or what?

6. Nik January 16, 2009 at 20:15 #

Wow, this makes me not want to buy that dress.

I admire Katie’s style courage. I have nothing against MuiMui or Mert and Marcus.

But this campaign is probably only gonna get worse.

Did the “church” of scientology bribe Mui Mui? Am I suppose to be happy that she is burned? Should I care?

I mean, come on, even Lindsay Lohan could have made this ad more interesting (more interesting, not better).

7. Fashion Critic January 16, 2009 at 20:21 #

I hate to admit it, but I also think Lilo would have rocked this out.

8. whitestroke January 16, 2009 at 23:15 #

What a terribly boring campaign for the outstanding collection.

I’m crying inside. I would make something completely different for that collection. This theme does not play on it strengths.

9. Coco January 17, 2009 at 01:29 #

If this was a portrait for Vanity Fair, I would loooove it.

It speaks volumes about Katie Holmes, the brainwashed wife of Tom Cruise whose 2 year old daughter is more stylish than her.

Maybe they were on to something here. This picture is on blogs everywhere and people are talking about it. Isn’t that what advertising is supposed to do?

and I think Lilo would have caused the stock of MuiMui to go down.

10. Sarah January 17, 2009 at 15:35 #

I don’t really like her body language here…

11. Kiran_Sooknandan January 21, 2009 at 20:25 #

Has Katie gone and copied Victoria’s hair-cut AGAIN! I know they say imitation is the greastest form of flatery but come on!

Oh and FC, you have to see the latest issue of Vogue with Victoria on the cover. The editorial is amazing. I can scan the pics and send them to you if you wish?

12. Kiran_Sooknandan January 21, 2009 at 20:26 #

oh and its vogue russia btw.

13. Fashion Critic January 21, 2009 at 20:29 #

I already have it, I got it this morning.

She looks amazing.