15.01.09

Motion Pictures Awards Gala

Anne Hathaway has been wowing us for the last few months, since Rachel Zoe started styling her. As a result I fallen in love with her.

As the saying goes, ‘All good things come to an end’, and her magnificent run was ruined last night, when she stepped onto the red carpet wearing this black and gold Chanel Fall 2008 Couture sleeveless dress, with feather detailing and a belt to nip in her waist.

She accessorized with black Chanel pumps and Bvlgari jewels.

I don’t know about you, but I really don’t like the dress. Hair and make-up is gorgeous, but the dress….No. It feels too old for her.

The Chanel Fall 2008 Couture collection, was not my favourite, and since Diane Kruger and Cameron Diaz fail to impress in this collection, my advice to everyone else is steer clear.

Unless of course you’re Anna Wintour, because it appears that the Chanel Fall 2008 Couture collection was made for her.

Many of you have accused Amy Adams of continuing to play it safe. I would say that there’s nothing safe about this one-shoulder nude Giambattista Valli dress with a black tulle overlay.

Heather Graham wowed in this plunging red maxi dress.

I must say I forgot how beautiful she is.

I really love this ombre strapless YSL dress, with a cute bow detail on the waist. Unfortunately I don’t think it’s Salma Hayek’s style. It’s a little to cutesy for her, but I love the colour against her skin.

All the ladies were of course blinged out with Bvlgari jewels.

Source

In Georgina Chapman's Closet - Marchesa

In Georgina Chapman’s Closet – Marchesa

"Big Love" 3rd Season LA Premiere

"Big Love" 3rd Season LA Premiere

12 Responses to Motion Pictures Awards Gala

1. robbie January 15, 2009 at 13:37 #

i have to disagree with you about anne, i think she looks amazing. would have prefered nicer shoes though.

2. Kyutipye January 15, 2009 at 13:51 #

I HATE Salma Hayek in this, especially her shoes. Anne doesn fare any better in her dress and shoes. too grandma-ish.
    Amy Adams is very well put together. I like how her hair follows the line of her dress. I’m not too wowed but of the lot, she is the best.
    Heathers red dress is nice, I feel the armband is out of place. its got a tattoos-with-a-gown vibe to it, maybe its just me.

3. Anonymous January 15, 2009 at 15:18 #

out of those four ladies it’s Amy, who looks best, but I do like Anne’s look as well – it’s interesting.
    Heather looks OK, but Salma? I think maybe the bow is too low or something – this shape of the dress doesn’t look good on her.

Lexa

4. drinkupthefashion January 15, 2009 at 16:54 #

i disagree with you fc! anne hathaway looks so stunning in that dress. the dress is perfect for her coloring. she looks so warm and alluring. she’s still on a roll for me.

amy adams looks so good. wow.

and salma was definitely styled too cute for this event. she looks beautiful, as always, but i don’t think her style is cutesy–as you said.

5. Hayley January 15, 2009 at 18:04 #

I completely agree with you about Amy. She usually looks so boring and safe, but this dress rocks.

6. Anne January 15, 2009 at 18:44 #

I think Selma’s dress has a wrong length for her, especially with the bow placed so low. Had it been shorter or with a higher waist, it would have been much better!

7. Nik January 15, 2009 at 18:50 #

“Anne, dear, did you steal my potatoes? You didn’t steal them? Then how come you are wearing that potato sack?”
    I agree with you FC with this coutre collection. Anna Wintour and celebs like Maggie Gyllenhall or Kirsten Dunst, who prefer to make themselves look matronly, could rock this look.
    Dear Anne, I can never blame you. I shall always attribute your mistakes to Zoe (Half of her clients were on your Golden Globes worst dress list FC. Perhaps she needs to eat a burger in order to function better).

As for Salma. Yikes. Go to the Altier and steal the fabric. I agree that he cut of this dress from the waist down don’t agree too well with her petite body. Otherwise, mamacita looks stunning and boobilicious. She looked a bit like Wonderwoman on the pic on the right, from the hair, jewlry and pose.

8. Fashion Critic January 15, 2009 at 18:53 #

Ouch.

I felt that from here :)

9. worldofcarmela January 16, 2009 at 15:39 #

Anne looks amazing. Zoe has made her take risks, and that is the most important thing. The dress is simply gorgeous, and I was sad to read you slaughter it.

Salma looks gorgeous too.

10. Nikki January 16, 2009 at 16:20 #

I still feel the same way about Amy…this is still on the safe side. It may be a bit different because of it being a one shoulder dress but the style is similar. And the hair too. She has to wow me yet.

Anne Hathaway on the other hand, this may not be her best and I might find her outfit a teeny bit outrageous, at least she’s taking a chance.

Heather Graham looks gorgeous! I love the style of the dress, the color, especially the arm bangle.

11. Leo January 16, 2009 at 17:14 #

Anne was not on her best day, but I’m sure she’ll wear something fantastic next and wow us. She has been great but she’s still trying out different things and finding what’s her thing so it’s only normal if she makes some mistakes along the way. I wouldn’t giver her so called style transformation’s (I don’t like to call it that, it’s more like she’s maturing to me) credit solely to Rachel Zoe also.

Amy Adams made go ‘wow’, she took a risk outside of her confort zone and it payed off! She looks great.

I love the colour Salma’s wearing, it looks great against her skin tone. The shape is a bit wrong for her body so it’s an almost-right thing.

12. whitestroke January 16, 2009 at 17:50 #

I like the closeup of Anne, but the whole outfit… I’m not a fan. I’m really sad to see so many celebs looking bad in that collection because I actually liked it. Both that one and Spring 2008. They were my fav Chanel collections in years, considering I’m not too big on Chanel to begin with.

That dress makes Salma looks sooo stumpy. As if her upper body is two times longer than her legs.