14.01.09 Advertising

Naomi Campbell & Linda Evangelista For Dsquared² Spring 2009

You would be forgiven for thinking Naomi Campbell was kicking the stuffing out of Linda Evangelista, with her fiery tempered reputation. But this editorial is part of the new Dsquared² Spring 2009 advertising campaign.

The campaign was shot by Steven Meisel, with the models clad in slinky black maxis, strappy sandals and chin-strap skull caps.

Fistfighting has never looked so glamorous.

Naomi then goes onto prove, that she is a lover not a fighter, with the final picture in which the two supers lay back after their sparring session.

Long live the supers. May they never wrinkle.

Source

Blake Lively For Vogue US February 2009

Blake Lively For Vogue US February 2009

Who Wore Stella McCartney Better? Salma Hayek or Amanda Seyfried

Who Wore Stella McCartney Better? Salma Hayek or Amanda Seyfried

17 Responses to Naomi Campbell & Linda Evangelista For Dsquared² Spring 2009

1. Fashion Citizen January 14, 2009 at 19:10 #

This is amazing…Really it is ! Like you said, Long Live The Super Model !!! We need more of them and less of these dreadful celebs on all these covers…

2. Hayley January 14, 2009 at 19:41 #

Wow. Love this advert. Definitely a tie between this and VB!

3. Thomas January 14, 2009 at 19:51 #

Your quote is so MAJOR! Love your blog!

4. robbie January 14, 2009 at 20:20 #

i love that last picture, they look hot together. but that last picture is sexy but not slutty. i would die to have lindas legs, wow those are long.

5. Kyutipye January 14, 2009 at 20:49 #

This is so beautiful and refreshing.

6. Anonymous January 14, 2009 at 23:13 #

Fashion Citizen, you are so on it! No more Z-Grade celebs when the world has a hatful of gorgeous super M’s! Bring ‘em on!

7. Sarah January 15, 2009 at 01:05 #

Love it! Some people just… don’t age.

8. Ace Azri January 15, 2009 at 02:10 #

im with fashion citizen. bring back the Supermodels. =))

9. WendyB January 15, 2009 at 02:30 #

Love Linda, love the pictures…but feel that it’s sort of a dumb PR move for Naomi to be pictured “fighting.” The next time she’s arrested, the prosecutor might bring this up to show her lack of remorse!

10. drinkupthefashion January 15, 2009 at 03:09 #

they are good.

11. Leo January 15, 2009 at 03:16 #

Love love love love! Strong and sexy.
    They both look hot, this supermodels show the newfaces how it’s done.

I always love Dsquared’s campaigns, they have great pictures the have a great impact.

12. Nik January 15, 2009 at 03:28 #

I would like to buy a vowel because “O……MY….GOD!”

I am sure you are the first one to post this image and I thank you.

It is official, I just urinated in my pants.

I love this whole return of the supermodels! This is one degree from perfection (They are missing Christy Turlington in order to form that breathtaking phenomenom mortals once reffered to as “The Trinity”!)

This is how you do a campaign.

I usually find the D-squared brand to be… fairly to extremely tacky…but these two glamazons just might convince me otherwise.

LOL. “May they never wrinkle.”
    Viva supers!

P.S. Do you happen to know who shot this? I am willing to bet it is the Doctor Frankenstein to the extremely super monsters that they are, Steven Meisel. I might go try to do some research.

13. Fashion Critic January 15, 2009 at 08:12 #

Nikki it was Steven Meisel

14. Nicolas January 15, 2009 at 08:50 #

YOU SAID IT BEST…love the supers. may they never wrinkle.

15. Nik January 15, 2009 at 09:12 #

Wow, thanks FC!

I was looking through other adverts and stumbled upon the Longchamp campaign with Kate Moss and Sasha Pivovarova. Hmm..mirror images and spooning…

The sparring glamazons versus the aloof waifs? I am having such a bad case of 90′s deja vu. Who should I vow allegience to?!

16. Kathryn January 15, 2009 at 10:51 #

Perhaps more appropriate, may they wrinkle and age gracefully and still get advertising campaigns.

17. Olamujer January 16, 2009 at 06:40 #

La nueva campaña primavera-verano 09 de Dsquared2 estuvo a cargo de Steven Meisel. Los rostros de la publicidad son las super modelos Linda Evangelista y Naomi Campbell.