Menu

14.01.09 Advertising

Katie Holmes For Miu Miu Spring 2009 Ad Campaign

It looks like it’s not only Victoria Beckham’s who Spring 2009 advertising campaign was launched today. Katie Holmes’ Miu Miu Spring 2009 campaign was also unveiled.

Katie is wearing one of Miuccia Prada’s graffiti-spattered day dresses, which was shot by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott in New York last November.

If there was a battle of the advertising campaigns, Victoria would win hands down, as hers has more of an impact and a lot more personality.

Source

Victoria Beckham For Giorgio Armani's Spring 2009 Lingerie Ad Campaign

Victoria Beckham For Giorgio Armani’s Spring 2009 Lingerie Ad Campaign

Blake Lively For Vogue US February 2009

Blake Lively For Vogue US February 2009

11 Responses to Katie Holmes For Miu Miu Spring 2009 Ad Campaign

1. Flora January 18, 2009 at 20:55 #

You just know the poor photographer is shouting, “Enigmatic, Katie, not constipated!”

For some reason I am reminded of that episode of Friends where Joey is teaching “Acting For Soap Operas”: when he needs to look, say, thoughtful, or upset, all he does is try and divide 232 by 13.

2. Anonymous January 15, 2009 at 15:24 #

I have to agree with donna here.
    I think there is no comparison possible – these are two different ads of completely different things – how to compare?
    I think this photo is OK and Katie looks OK – nothing special in it but it isn’t disappointing either.

Lexa

3. donna January 15, 2009 at 07:00 #

what are you talking about, this looks really good. Models are supposed to look a bit weird or alienish and i think katie does that very well. I also don’t like the constant comparison between katie and victoria…two different people in two completely different ads. I think you might just be bias because you love victoria so much.

4. Hayley January 14, 2009 at 19:37 #

I was thinking as soon as I saw the picture that Victoria wins hands down lol
    x

5. LILA January 14, 2009 at 18:52 #

I like the pic, i like her and surprisingly i'm not hating the dress and M&M lighting here. I do think Victoria's are better but i think that this is just one pic, too..there will be tons more, hopefully better then this one. I liked Vanessa Paradis a lot but i'm glad she got the campaign, i don't think she'll do bad..i even see a bit of Eniko in her expression..it looks promising =)

6. Myssidominici January 14, 2009 at 18:26 #

Katie is definately channeling some VB in her pic though. Too much of a good thing can end up bad, I’m scared for Katie, I feel like she wants to BE VB.

7. robbie January 14, 2009 at 18:09 #

WTF why the hell did they hire her, she has been a total mess most of last year, surely they could have got someone with more style to do it.

have to say though facially she does look good.

8. Gaber January 14, 2009 at 17:37 #

This photo makes VB’s photos look good!

9. Sarah January 14, 2009 at 16:51 #

I wouldn’t even have recognized her… This looks sooo unlike her!
    And I agree this is a huge downgrade from Vanessa.

10. Fashion Critic January 14, 2009 at 16:35 #

big step down, I agree.

11. Leo January 14, 2009 at 16:35 #

Her faice looks weird, it’s alien-esque. How can Miu Miu go from Vanessa Paradis to Katie Holmes? That’s bad.