14.01.09

InStyle/Warner Bros. Golden Globes After Party

Malin Akerman was by far the most outstanding at this event wearing a sunshiny yellow Jason Wu Spring 2009 gown.

Jennifer Esposito wowed me in this stunning ivory lace top with 80s shoulder pads, and a black high-waisted skirt both from the Balmain Spring 2009 collection.

I would kill for this look. ? it.

Before you ask, she is wearing a nude bra under her top.

Jessica Stroup wore a navy and black strapless Brian Reyes dress with a pair of gorgeous Manolo Blahnik heels

Garcelle Beauvais looked divine wearing a red rose Tracy Reese Spring 2009 full skirted asymmetrical dress, with matching shoes and a silver diamante clutch.

Sophia Bush was beautiful and statuesque wearing a black Peter Soronen strapless gown, with an amazing Badgley Mischka necklace.

Taylor Momsen’s grungy look kinda ruins this Christian Dior Spring 2008 fringed gown. Her hair tied back would have made her look so elegant.

Emma Stone wore a Cynthia Steffe Spring 2009 keyhole gown, with a tiered skirt and gold accents.

Ginnifer Goodwin’s Talbot Runhof liquid dress, is not something we are used to seeing on the red carpet. The dress is really interesting, with it gathered skirt and interest used of material.

She completes her look with a Daniel Swarovski silver clutch and pink nails.

Kristen Bell gets back to her best wearing a orange Etro gown.

I must admit I love this electric blue Zuhair Murad Spring 2008 Couture gown on Paris Hilton. I also much prefer Paris with shorter hair.

Sarah Chalke’s plunging taupe satin dress, looks so buttery against her skin.

Amanda Bynes opted out of wearing a gown, and wore this white embellished dress, with gold strappy heels.

Emma Roberts wears a very LBD, with lust-worthy black Pour La Victoire Bianca cutout platform booties.

The unofficial Missoni brand ambassador, Joy Bryant wears a other knitted pieces from their Fall 2008 collection.

Molly Sims opted for a very romantic look with her Diane von Furstenberg floral maxi dress and loose curls.

Brittany Snow kinda strikes out in this gown for me. For one so young, this is quite boring despite being designed by Leanna Marshall for DVF.

Emily Deschanel lights up the red carpet, in this orange dress, which she accessorized with a gold belt.

Source

Kerry Washington In Oscar de la Renta - 2013 NAACP Image Awards

Kerry Washington In Oscar de la Renta – 2013 NAACP Image Awards

Victoria Beckham For Giorgio Armani's Spring 2009 Lingerie Ad Campaign

Victoria Beckham For Giorgio Armani’s Spring 2009 Lingerie Ad Campaign

22 Responses to InStyle/Warner Bros. Golden Globes After Party

1. Anne January 14, 2009 at 13:41 #

Shame about Taylor Momsen – she looks like one of those dogs with hair down their faces! Her beauty would shine so much more through with an updo.

2. Eliza January 14, 2009 at 14:43 #

Taylor is driving me even more crazy than little Jenny Humphrey! (Which means a lot.)
    I really liked this dress on the runway, it’s one of these dresses I would kill for. And this 14(?)-year old girl just DESTROYS it!!

Any by the way, who the hell is Molly Sims? I know how she looks- she is walking along the red carpet five days a week, I guess, but WHY? Does she even have a JOB?? She’s like an older version of Paris Hilton to me. I like her dress though. :)

3. Fashion Critic January 14, 2009 at 15:12 #

LOL @ Eliza. She is or was a Model, now she acts.

4. Eliza January 14, 2009 at 16:23 #

Haha, thanks- so she’s not Paris 2.0, at least Molly Sims works for her dresses.
    Oh, and I meant “anyway”. Or “by the way”? My fingers are always faster than my brain.

5. Jude January 14, 2009 at 16:27 #

Once again Sophia Bush is flawless. She’s actually wearing a pretty average black gown but the jewels make it into something else. And the make up, as usual is perfect. Take note Taylor Momsen – that is how you go from CW teen star to red carpet beauty!

Notable mention for Ginnifer Goodwin I think, she always takes risks and in this instance pulls it off.

Also am I the only one who thinks that Sarah Chalkes hair distracts from the dress and over all look? Why wear chandelier drop earrings if you’re going to put a frizzy mess in front of them!

6. Fashion Critic January 14, 2009 at 16:28 #

I know Eliza…I am exactly the same.

7. Fashion Critic January 14, 2009 at 16:30 #

Jude, ditto to both your Sophia Bush and Ginnifer Goodwin comments.

Sophia is very much on fire at the moment, an Ginnifer has never been shy to try some thing different.

8. Leo January 14, 2009 at 16:31 #

The Globes used to be a little more tone down compared to let’s say the Oscars, now it’s too much about overdressing at every award show. There used to be more short dresses among other things, it was more interesting. I see such a parade of long dresses and trains and mermaid and obvious choices that don’t impress much.

Look at Paris big gown, and she’s only going to the after-party not the awards itself, that’s too much, plus she can’t carrie that, she makes it looks trashy, she could make a nun’s habit look like a prostitute’s clothes. she should stop with the “I’m so sexy” poses and realize she looks a stick, a talentless one. Eat some pasta, please, and go read a book.

Taylor Momsen will be the next young starlet in rehab. Someone call her parents.

Garcelle Beauvious and Jennifer Esposito steal the show here. Both look fantastic. They blew me away.

Jessica Stroup makes all the difference with some killer heels, love it.

9. Anonymous January 14, 2009 at 16:57 #

What happened to Amanda’s face??? She looks like she’s had her lips and her teeth done!!!!

10. Kou January 14, 2009 at 17:32 #

FC, could you please do a post on Joy Bryant and all her Missoni outfits. She is a great ambassador for the house.

11. Fashion Critic January 14, 2009 at 17:50 #

Fabulous idea. Wish I had thought of it myself ;)

Thanks

12. robbie January 14, 2009 at 18:07 #

blah blah blah blah blah, the one who looks good is paris shockingly. im loving her hair.

the rest are just so boring.

13. Nik January 14, 2009 at 18:33 #

OMG FC I heart that Jennifer Esposito look and I totally agree with you!

I dont know about the rest of the world, but I am so feeling the stacked shoulders a la’ 80′s (Oh gawd, I can’t believe I just admitted that.)

Maybe it’s because of all these structured pieces coming out lately (goodbye baby doll dresses) and designers like Stefano Pilate and Gareth Pugh rocking that whole “Blade Runner” look.

I really love how it feels like fashion is somewhat progressing, maybe,into what we believe to be how “futuristic” looks.

14. LILA January 14, 2009 at 18:43 #

I completely agree with Kou’s comment about Joy Bryant! That’d be AWESOME if you did that..i’m really looking forward to your post! And i really wish she’d become the official ambassador for the brand (which is my favourite by the way =])..she’d be soooooo perfect! Back to the event, i have to say i loved almost every look! The biggest highlights in my opinion were Jennifer Esposito (I love Balmain!)and Emily Deschanel, simply because she looks like she just came out of a painting..she’s truly beautiful. Malin Akerman’s dress was the one that stood out the most and i agree with the comments above on Ginnifer Goodwin’s style and i have to thank her because i had never heard of Talbot Runhof before..got to check it out! Talking about designers..thankfully someone brought ETRO on the red carpet again *yay*!The thing that hurts the most, though, is that i have to admit that i like Paris Hilton’s outfit here, hair included. Regarding Sophia Bush i guess i’m the only one not liking her here, i just think she could do better than a palin black dress and the hair kinda ages her..but i do love the necklace. The other let down were by Sara Chalke and Brittany Snow..they look older then they actually are and Sara looks a bit like a mess..not liking the hair at all!
    Oh..and i see you took Samantha Ronson off (out?) the worst dressed list..Bai Ling totally deserves it more =D

15. Anonymous January 14, 2009 at 19:06 #

Emma Roberts’ shoes are Pour la Victoire…LOVE THEM!

16. Hayley January 14, 2009 at 19:34 #

Wow. I am LOVING Jennifer Esposito. She looks so fab with the shoulder pads.
    I completely agree about Taylor Momsen. That dress is gorgeous, and her hair just ruins it. She is beautiful for someone aged 15. Why go and ruin that?
    Emma Roberts looks gorgeous and dresses so age-appropriate. Still liking Selena Gomez more though.

17. A. Celeste January 15, 2009 at 01:19 #

Ummm…I am just wondering, but is the dress Brittney Snow is wearing the dress that Leanna Marshall created in the DVF challenge in Project Runway 5 because it looks a lot like it.

18. Fashion Critic January 15, 2009 at 01:26 #

Do you know what? I think it is.

Good eye.

19. Anonymous January 15, 2009 at 10:16 #

An actress by the name of Joanna Garcia was also there and she wore this Blumarine dress. I could have sworn someone else wore it. By any chance would you remember who? Thanks. :)

20. Fashion Critic January 15, 2009 at 10:38 #

Nope

21. Anonymous January 15, 2009 at 21:11 #

Jessica Stroup is impressive here donning a very fashion forward look. Brian Reyes is in excellent taste and the heels give her some edge! love the look!

22. whitestroke January 16, 2009 at 16:53 #

I enjoyed this post a lot. I don’t know is it because expactations are lower for after parties by default, but most of these ladies look really good, in my opinion.