Blake Lively For Vogue US February 2009

Vogue’s Best Dressed Star of 2008 – I kid you not – Blake Lively graces the cover of their February 2009 edition.

On the cover the Gossip Girl actress wears a black Marc Jacobs Spring 2009 dress, with a yellow sash.

It’s a nice cover, but I can’t help but be curious as to how she looked in full length in the dress.

Here are some extracts from her interview:

On how the show ignores the economic recession:: “We live in an alternate universe on the show; it’s a heightened reality, so I don’t think the writers would work that in. They created a show that people can watch after a long day and not have to stress and worry and feel the burdens of real life. It’s just an escape, watching these sparkly lives and just escaping into this other world for an hour.”

On the clothes: “The fashion is just unbelievable. You can watch our show on mute and be entertained. Just being here, walking around, you pick it up really quickly. In New York, you put on skinny jeans and riding boots and a leather coat and handbag, and you take on that posture and character. It becomes very natural.”

On putting her personal touches on Serena’s wardrobe: “The more they work with me and see my style, and the more I learn about fashion, the more input I have. It’s more collaborative now than it was in the beginning because then I had no idea what I was doing.”

Source & Source
Katie Holmes For Miu Miu Spring 2009 Ad Campaign

Katie Holmes For Miu Miu Spring 2009 Ad Campaign

Naomi Campbell & Linda Evangelista For Dsquared² Spring 2009

Naomi Campbell & Linda Evangelista For Dsquared² Spring 2009

18 Responses to Blake Lively For Vogue US February 2009

1. Sarah January 14, 2009 at 17:28 #

These shots are nice, but for some reason I’m not overwhelmed.. Can’t put my finger on it!

2. Anonymous January 14, 2009 at 17:30 #

Best Dressed?? Really?? Why?!?! So many questions!

3. robbie January 14, 2009 at 18:13 #

average i guess. but really that cover shot is terrible, why must US vogue use celebrities but never have a good cover. what happened to using amazing models for covers?

best dresses, yeah right maybe for the first month or so. then she looked like she swapped clothes with a tramp on the street.

4. Fashion Citizen January 14, 2009 at 19:12 #

She looks amazing but they sexed her up a bit much for her age. I’d have liked to see her glam but age appropriate.

5. Michelle January 14, 2009 at 19:18 #

After that too-tight, too-dull Nina Ricci absurdity on the golden globes, this just became more ridiculous. Talking about ridiculous, that is something Vogue should have known that will come up eventually:
    (You owe it to yourself to watch the slideshow, that’s the main attraction).
    Is that supposed to be who they’re presenting as a “natural born fashion person”? That’s just funny.

6. Anonymous January 14, 2009 at 19:20 #

I don’t like this shot. She isn’t maybe looking like Heidi Klum but she’s pretty and some of the photographers can show it. By the way, why they don’t show her beautiful body?

7. Hayley January 14, 2009 at 19:40 #

There’s something about the shoot that I don’t like. I think it’s that there’s too much black going on. I still love Gossip Girl!

8. Georgia Maude January 14, 2009 at 20:46 #

She’s just not a compelling presence. All the lighting, makeup, and Photoshop money can buy aren’t even making up for it.

9. Anonymous January 14, 2009 at 21:17 #

Blake Lively, best dressed? Wow, i didn’t think vogue would play such a horrible joke on us. Okay, vogue, okay April’s Fool day is not here yet.
    Lively looks soo dumb in her photos and she has this idk what i’m looking at stare. It’s terrible, she’s so blank in her pictures. She doesn’t shine through. To me, it’s just another borning girl trying to be a grown up. how sad!

10. serap January 14, 2009 at 21:28 #

this looks pretty much fake, i almost didnt recognize her on the cover, they photoshopped and overdone her makeup or whatever too much, and i know what i am talking about since i am a graphic designer, dealing with all this kind of shots.
    and these clothes doesnt fit her, i think she has not enough style to wear those.

11. Arasto January 14, 2009 at 21:44 #

NO COMMENTARY ON THE FACT THAT THEY USED SOME “IT GIRL” FROM A CABLE TV SHOW AIMED AT LITTLE GIRLS?????????????

Beyonce has never been on the cover of Vogue but this no-name girl is?????????????????

A true disservice!

12. Anonymous January 15, 2009 at 00:31 #

To each his own, I still like Blake Lively. I choose her over Beyonce, as simplicity wins over OTT.

13. drinkupthefashion January 15, 2009 at 03:13 #

blake looks so beautiful in these pictures. i’ve never seen her look more ravishing.

however…she was DEFINITELY NOT the best dress of 2008. more like trainwreck of 2008. all that said…blake you look lovely in these pictures.

14. Leo January 15, 2009 at 03:14 #

Vogue US needs a makeover, quick. This is one of the many reasons why.

15. Arasto January 15, 2009 at 03:24 #

I don’t even like Beyonce but I can acknowledge that she has talent.

This little girl is just another blonde actress in Hollywood.

It’s truly a disgrace to the magazine that she is on the cover.

I guess sales are in the gutter.

16. Elaine January 15, 2009 at 04:11 #

I would choose Leighton over her if it were between the two Gossip Girl stars. However, Beyonce never deserved to be on there in my opinions =S

17. nicole January 15, 2009 at 06:44 #

I dont mind her but she doesnt deserve best dressed! i like the oscar de la renta shot.

18. Lucy January 15, 2009 at 19:10 #

I think it says a lot about the quality of a magazine if it calls Blake Lively “Best Dressed of the year”. US Vogue had always been a symbol for style and for elegance. And now? I mean, on every cover in the last year- as far as I can remeber- was a celebrity. Sometimes it was okay, most of the time it was ridiculous. Remember Jennifer Aniston’s Cover?
    Carine Roitfeld would NEVER put Jennifer Aniston on the cover of Vogue France. She would NEVER appear on the cover of Vogue Italia. Both magazines still supports MODELS. Lara Stone, Anja Rubik, Toni Garrn, Coco Rocha, Jourdan Dunn, Catherine McNeil,… there’s still a reason why the job “model” exists.
    But okay, Anna Wintour says no to them and yes to Blake Lively. Great.
    Don’t understand me wrong- I really like Gossip Girl and although I like Leighton Meester a lot more than Blake I have to admit that she’s really pretty. But almost every outfit she wore last year (also as Serena van der Woodsen) screamed BOOBS. And so the cover/editorial does.