12.01.09 Best Dressed

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The Golden Globes?

Despite me not loving Eva Mendes’ dress *sheds tear*. I know a lot of you did, so that is why I have added her to this poll.

The winner of this poll come Friday, will be added to the Best Dressed of the Week.

Source

Runway To Golden Globes Red Carpet

Runway To Golden Globes Red Carpet

Red Carpet Fashion Awards Voted 'Site Of The Day'

Red Carpet Fashion Awards Voted ‘Site Of The Day’

31 Responses to Who Was Your Best Dressed At The Golden Globes?

1. Jess January 12, 2009 at 18:10 #

None of these even came close to best dressed for me. The dresses I liked the most were Drew Barrymore’s, Eva Longoria’s, and (to my own surprise) America Ferrera’s.

2. Priti January 12, 2009 at 18:39 #

I love the list. I was kind of hoping to see Christina Appelgate and Eva Longoria as well.

3. Kyutipye January 12, 2009 at 18:52 #

it had to be kate beckinsale, followed very closely by Demi. Evan Rachel gets 3rd and Jennifer Morrison gets 4th. it wasnt easy choosing.

4. Kyutipye January 12, 2009 at 19:02 #

oh i forgot about Eva Longoria’s! what happened to that one?

5. Ling January 12, 2009 at 19:06 #

Laura Linney definitely gets my vote because she’s always beautifully dressed and even though she seems like the most unlikely person to wear Elie Saab (which can be a bit bling bling) I think she carries it off wonderfully, and better than the model! I can’t help missing the old Anne Hathaway, she seems to be getting thinner and thinner now that Rachel Zoe’s her stylist.

6. Rachel January 12, 2009 at 19:11 #

My best dressed was Vanessa Hudgens. She has worn so many awful dresses last year, but she looked gorgeous in her nude dress.

On the list it’s between Jennifer Morrison and Olivia Wilde. I love the electric blue so Jennifer wins for me. Anne Hathaway looked divine, but somehow her hair doesn’t fit to me.

P.s. Hey FC, how about a worst dressed poll?

7. Arasto January 12, 2009 at 19:22 #

I hate Eva Longoria but her dress was spectacular.

Many of the dresses listed here look like they’re not only from the same designer but from the same collection!!!!

Soft, feminine, glamorous.

8. Elisa January 12, 2009 at 19:26 #

I think that Laura Linney deserves this one. She looks A-MA-ZING. I am a huge Kate Winslet-fan, and I also find the other dresses beautiful, but somehow I just think that Laura’s look is so elegant, the colour is devine, it fits her SO well. She just glows. I’m in awe.

9. Sade January 12, 2009 at 19:29 #

WOT, I thought Sandra Bullock was by far the best dressed! So unexpected and original. I loved everything about her look!

10. Anonymous January 12, 2009 at 19:50 #

I choose Sandra Bullock too, without any doubt. Her hair complimented her dress. She’s never looked any better than this. And her accessories stood out, and further brought out her whole ensemble. Totally loving the whole package!

M

11. Anonymous January 12, 2009 at 19:56 #

I would have picked Melisa George :)
    but since she isn’t there, I go for Jennifer Morrison – outstranding colour, beautiful earrings :)

Lexa

12. laurakitty January 12, 2009 at 19:57 #

I would have picked January (that dress was gorgeous!) but I chose Evan from this list- I want that dress in ivory as my wedding gown. So sensational!

13. Leslie January 12, 2009 at 21:02 #

Where is Elizabeth Banks? She looked so stunning!
    Without her as an option I had to vote for Laura Linney. The gown is gorgeous and she has such understated class here.

14. Aida January 12, 2009 at 21:02 #

To be fair, the best dressed was January Jones. She looked gorgeous, and the dress is amazing. But out of these I chose Olivia, because she looked breathtaking.

15. OnCloud9 January 12, 2009 at 21:32 #

i would have picked eva longoria had she been on the list
    she was the most memorable to me by far
    that red dress just made me go WOW

next best to me was eva mendez

who i picked here
    (that blue necklace with the white dress was just AWESOME)

16. yerdeh January 12, 2009 at 21:43 #

it’s funny how different people had different takes on the dresses. E! absolutely hated Olivia’s Reem Acra dress (but I love it) and thought Miley Cyrus looked lovely. I do think Miley looks nice in her dress, but when u said during the interview she was very trashy I could see why she ruined it for u!

17. Leo January 12, 2009 at 22:55 #

To me it’s a tie between Melissa George and January Jones. With Drew right behind.

From your list, I pick Laura Linney.

18. Anne January 12, 2009 at 23:26 #

I adore Maggie Gyllenhaal’s untraditional choices, and would have voted for her if she was on the list. Voted for Sandra Bullock – she looked so lean and elegant!

19. Profashionelle January 12, 2009 at 23:41 #

My picks:

1.) Olivia Wilde – She was spectacular in that lavender Reem Acra.

2.) Laura Linney – She carried Elie Saab with class and looked stunning in it.

3.) Anne Hathaway – It was the perfect dress for her. Beautiful!

I wouldn't have picked Eva and Sandra for a Best Dressed poll (didn't like the extra thingy on her hip either and Sandra's dress had too much ruffles for me)

If I had to choose without looking at the stars' fashion, ♥ KATE WINSLET ♥ would be my favorite. She was simply AMAZING! So lovely, so elegant, so touching in her speech.

How could anyone hate on Olivia's dress? That's really beyond me.

20. Anonymous January 13, 2009 at 00:00 #

OFF TOPIC: Laura Dern wore the same Louis Vuitton dress at the Golden Globes that Victoria Beckham wore for Harper’s Bazaar photoshoot (in those asian editions).

Electra.

21. Anonymous January 13, 2009 at 02:20 #

I loved the dress of Kate Beckinsale, for me was the best of the night with Megan Fox who was beautiful and sexy.O Eva Longoria’s dress is beautiful. The problem is that the actress has no stature and has no breasts. I am a woman and know she puts tight dress on top to give the impression that you have breasts and makes it more sensual.Jeniffer Morrison was very beautiful and Angelina Jolie was a great decepção.Senti lack the beauty and the glamor of Mariska Hargitay. A pity that she can not attend.

22. Kiran_Sooknandan January 13, 2009 at 03:11 #

Congrats again F.C on another great coverage. Just wondering, do you know who Lisa Edelstein from house was wearing?

23. Anonymous January 13, 2009 at 06:06 #

I would have surely voted for drew barrymore if she was on the list, but sandra bullock has scrubbed up pretty amazingly, so shes a close runner up..

24. clothing supply January 13, 2009 at 06:39 #

Laura Linney is my vote

25. nicole January 13, 2009 at 07:43 #

hard poll. for me it was between kate and eva. loved them!

26. mila January 13, 2009 at 10:08 #

I cant describe how hard this was.i think they all look very glamorous and breathtaking…but i have to decide for one…=)

27. Cleopatra January 13, 2009 at 12:55 #

why am i so uninspired by the dresses at this event? nothing yelled out at me. what a shame. must be the recession.

28. Lor January 13, 2009 at 13:01 #

Why isn’t January Jones on the list? She looked gorgeous on the dress. For me she’s the best dressed at the Golden Globes.

29. Hayley January 13, 2009 at 17:15 #

I didn’t think any of these were particularly amazing. As much as I don’t like Eva Longaria, I thought her dress was stunning. Out of this lot, I chose Evan Rachel Wood, as the shape of that dress is just beautiful.

30. whitestroke January 16, 2009 at 16:10 #

Here’s my Golden Globes TOP 8 I put together. In no particular order, except that Elizabeth Banks would probably be my #1. I voted for Jennifer Morrison, I think. I actually can’t remember now. o_O Either Jennifer or Evan Rachel Wood.

31. Fashion Critic January 16, 2009 at 16:37 #

That is a great list. Would pick almost the same except I would add Demi and Laura Linney.