12.01.09

More From The 2009 Golden Globes Red Carpet

Of the rest, Laura Linney was definitely the best.

I love the mellow yellow colour of her asymmetrical Elie Saab Spring 2008 Couture gown, and the embellished waist. She looked outstanding.

Taraji P. Henson looked gorgeous in her J.Mendel Fall 2008 chiffon gown. It was quite dramatic, without going over the top.

She completed her look with a black satin Mary Norton clutch.

The trend for wearing electric blue continues with Mary-Louise Parker. Her Carlos Miele Spring 2009 gown had asymmetrical tiers from the bodice, and a chiffon hem and train.

She accessorized her gown with silver jewels and a Mary Norton clutch and Chopard jewels.

Sandra Bullock was another one of my favourites in this vanilla Dior gown.

I love how her hair falls to the opposite direction of her asymmetrical gown.

Rachel Griffiths wore a one-shouldered golden Ralph Rucci silk gown, with a Judith Leiber vintage handbag Decades Inc, Liseanne Frankfurt jewels and bronze Vanessa Noel heels.

Kyra Sedgwick did not wear L’Wren Scott as I had predicted. Instead she wore a strapless red belted Oscar de la Renta gown, with Fred Leighton jewels.

Amanda Seyfried wore an ethereal pearl Stella McCartney silk asymmetric gown, which had a beaded detail on the shoulder.

She completed her look with a Daniel Swarovski clutch.

Heidi Klum wore an incredibly cute strapless vintage James Galanos pouf dress, with black and red polka dots from Decades.

She completed her look with Christian Louboutin multi buckle sandals.

I was not crazy about Isla Fisher’s two-tone nude Carlos Miele Spring 2009 gown. I would have liked it to be all one colour.

Elisabeth Moss was one of the many ladies who picked red last night, hers was vintage Givenchy, and she picked Garrard jewels to complete her look.

Jane Krakowski opted for a J. Mendel gown, which she wore with Ivanka Trump Fine Jewelry.

Melissa George does not do safe, which is why her thigh-high split ice blue Armani Prive gown has an interesting black fan detail on the bodice.

Tina Fey’s Roberto Cavalli plunging gown, also did not wow me.

Surprise guest of the night was Alek Wek. I don’t remember the last time I saw her on the red carpet.

The supermodel wore a Christian Dior Fall 2008 mini dress, which showed off her impossibly long legs.

Vanessa Hudgens wore a nude beaded Alberta Ferretti gown, with a candy coloured necklace.

Madeline Zima looks youthful but elegant. She has an amazing figure and I love how this dress shows her shape and the curves hit all the right points.

Viola Davis’ gown for some reason reminded me of Gwyneth Paltrow’s Zac Posen Oscar 2007 gown with shape and the lines.

She dressed well for her figure, and the colour is so complimentary to her skin.

Maria Menounos wore a cute purple ruffle one shoulder Ina Soltani gown.

Samantha Harris wore the same designer, but picked her dress in the colour of the moment – electric blue.

Christina Hendricks has curves to die for. The stunning redhead looked ravishing wearing a custom black silk sculpted strapless Tadashi gown.

Anna Paquin wore a purple Herve Leroux gown, which had a ruched bodice and draped detail on the side.

Source

2009 Golden Globe Awards - Best Dressed

2009 Golden Globe Awards – Best Dressed

Who Wore Reem Acra Better? Beyonce Knowles or Olivia Wilde

Who Wore Reem Acra Better? Beyonce Knowles or Olivia Wilde

16 Responses to More From The 2009 Golden Globes Red Carpet

1. Kyutipye January 12, 2009 at 11:14 #

Melissa George’s gown was the best for me here. It is incredibly sexy. I do not like heidi Klum’s dress, hair nor shoes. abig disappointment for me. Second for me would be Mary-Louise Parker. and a close third would be Laura Linney. The rest I think are just ok. Keep up the good work. I can imagine the pace at which you worked to get all these up. But no doubt you enjoyed yourself thoroughly, lol.

2. Fashion Critic January 12, 2009 at 11:23 #

Like a kid in a candy store. ;)

3. Anonymous January 12, 2009 at 11:36 #

Sandra, Melissa and Laura are the best for me.
    I am very dissapointed by Heidi’s choice ;/

Thanks FC,
    Lexa

4. Cheska January 12, 2009 at 11:38 #

I love Melissa George’s dress too. And the one that Drew Barrymore wore. Not many can pull that off without looking like a misplaced ballerina or struggling to make it work. Do you know which designer made Melissa George’s dress?

5. SUZY January 12, 2009 at 11:56 #

Vanessa looks flawless, she looks classy but fresh.

6. Sade January 12, 2009 at 12:40 #

OMG Sandra Bullock is DIVINE!!! Alek Wek is just spectacular in that colour!

7. Anonymous January 12, 2009 at 13:06 #

O, Sandra is there! :)
    andMadeline’s gown has a beautiful colour :)
    from the rest that was not featured here I also liked Lisa Edelstein’s black gown – very nice :)

Lexa

8. Anonymous January 12, 2009 at 13:32 #

I think we forgot Rita Wilson (Tom Hanks’ wife). She looked stunning and she brought the old Hollywood glamour to the red carpet!

Electra.

9. Anne January 12, 2009 at 14:57 #

Wow, this is a surprisingly good year of Golden Globe dresses. Remember the red carpet at the Oscar’s last year, and there were not nearly as many stunning and lovely dresses as here!
    The failures are completely outnumbered by successes.

10. drinkupthefashion January 12, 2009 at 15:20 #

laura linney was an absolute dream last night! loved her look.
    heidi klum looks SO CUTE! she literally looks like a barbie doll. she wears red lipstick well :)
    i’m not too impressed by isla fisher. i see the effort she put in but she looked kind of uncomfortable and the dress doesn’t give her the best figure. mary-louise parker looks amazing–even though she was wearing blue again.
    tina fey’s dress should have been more fitted. congrats to her on her awards though.
    and i love how madelina zima looks! i don’t know who she is, but i’ll be googling her later. that dress was made for her.

11. robbie January 12, 2009 at 16:02 #

vanessa is gorgeous, but i wish she would wear clothes from the runway, its annoying that she doesnt lol.

tine kinda average.

melissa looks fabulous! i love the fan detail.

amanda looks beautiful, i love that dress and looks hot.

taraji looks fantastic! it looked great on her.

12. jasmine January 12, 2009 at 17:57 #

first of alll…luv ur blog

i rlly wanted to know ur opinion on vanessa’s dress! i personally love itt :)

13. FelipeA January 12, 2009 at 18:56 #

Elisabeth Moss’s dress is Givenchy, right? It has to be. From the collection with the huge braid across the head and Naomi on the runway. Fall 06 if i’m not mistaken. Anyway, it’s gorgeous. I loved that collection

14. Stacey January 12, 2009 at 20:59 #

I also think Melissa George and Mary Louise Parker are the best out of these.

15. whitestroke January 13, 2009 at 01:00 #

From these ladies, I loved Laura Linney the most. Up there in my top favorites. I more or less agree with you for the rest. The photo vs. telecast problem here goes to Rachel Griffiths.
    Wasn’t Amanda Seyfried’s dress previously worn by Salma Hayek? Call me petty, but I didn’t expect to see something already worn at the Golden Globes. Someone’s stylist is not doing their homework.
    Alek Wek is completely out of competition. I can’t even compare her with everyone else. I can’t even find words to describe how wonderful she was.

I also thought Laura Dern looked exquisite in Louis Vuitton, although the photographs don’t do her justice in the slightest.

16. Anonymous January 15, 2009 at 05:45 #

Christina Hendricks dress is a custom/modified SS09 Tadashi Shoji gown. There’s two collections from Tadashi. Tadashi Collection is his regular collection and Tadashi Shoji Collection is his couture collection.