12.01.09 Worst Dressed

2009 Golden Globe Awards – Worst Dressed

Worst Dressed Award
Debra Messing disappoints me again in a very unflattering Vera Wang gown.

Worst Hair Award
Renee Zellweger walked the red carpet wearing a Carolina Herrera Pre-Fall 2009 gown, which was modified the runway.

I must admit I love the dress. It’s the poodle hair I just can’t get on board with.

Best Rachel Zoe Impersonation Award
Rachel Zoe cloned Nicole Richie, Lindsay Lohan and Mischa Barton. All starlets desperate for attention and fame.

So when I look at Cameron Diaz, I ask WFT happened? She used to have such an athletic body and now she had become a Zobot, with lollypop head, and over-tanned skin.

I am nothing but disturbed by this new look, which is only extenuated in her pink Chanel Fall 2008 Couture asymmetrical gown.

To make matters worst her hair is horrific. Going to the Globes you would have thought Cameron would have had her roots done.

I’m crying inside, crying I tell you.

No Class/Most Obnoxious On The Red Carpet Award
Miley Cyrus was by far the most annoying person to walk the red carpet last night. She was loud and rude. And the worst thing is her parents seemed to be encouraging her.

She was sticking her tongue out, giving the peace sign proving what I always thought. This girl has no class.

Her Marchesa Spring 2009 strapless gown with gold embroidery detail was beyond boring.

Worst Throw Back Award
JLo turned up last night instead of Jennifer Lopez.

Jennifer in this dress takes me back to the time when she was dating Puff Daddy, and wearing ghetto gold, embellished head bands and low cut dresses, like this gold Marchesa Spring 2009 gown.

Biggest Let Down Award
I know many of you will not agree, but I just hate those extra pieces of material on Eva Mendes’ white Dior gown. It does not seem to serve a purpose. It’s not a bow, it’s not a doing anything but just hanging there.

I love everything else, so it kills me to put her on this list.

Worst Couture Award
Freida Pinto made this Christian Lacroix Fall 2008 Couture gown look very ordinary. It looked so magical on the runway.

She completed her look with a Judith Leiber clutch.

Too Casual Award
I really love this Oscar de la Renta Spring 2009 look on Marisa Tomei, but for me it’s too casual for an event like this.

Worst Gold Award
Megan Fox moaned the whole way through her E! interview about how she looked like a tranny. Obviously fishing for compliments, to boost her already over inflated ego.

For me she really cheapens this Ralph Lauren Spring 2009 gown.

Most Boring Award
Penelope Cruz really seems to have lost her sparkle, even in this Armani Prive gown. There is nothing exciting, nor interesting for me to wow about.

Just Don’t Care Anymore Award
Yes it is an improvement on last year horror show, but I just don’t really care about Blake Lively anymore.

The actress wore a steel blue Nina Ricci gown, that a year ago would have got me excited.

Played It Too Safe Award
Yes Amy Adams always plays it safe, but instead of this Oscar de la Renta Spring 2009 gown, which is very typical of her style. It would be nice to see something unexpected, with more of a wow factor.

Click here for the Best Dressed.

Source & Source

Red Carpet Trends - Electric Blue

Red Carpet Trends – Electric Blue

2009 Golden Globe Awards - Best Dressed

2009 Golden Globe Awards – Best Dressed

40 Responses to 2009 Golden Globe Awards – Worst Dressed

1. Danika January 12, 2009 at 04:54 #

Agree with everything you have said in the worst dressed list. Renee OMG what was she/stylist thinking with that hair!Debra’s make-up combined with the dress 80’s bridesmaid-much.

2. Ayesha January 12, 2009 at 05:03 #

Wow..what a surprising turn of events. Almost every single person on that list is someone you were in love with a couple days ago. Cannot wait to see best dressed! ho

3. ivette January 12, 2009 at 05:03 #

i completely agree with what you said about miley ugh i cant stand her and her parents

when i first saw jlo i couldnt help but think about the gold dress beyonce wore a couple of years ago

ugh i just saw the megan fox’s interview i also cant stand her
    i actually thoughtfreida pinto looked great

4. Nik January 12, 2009 at 05:09 #

they looked so much better in the telecast– especially renee.

Glad to see an up to dat post FC! Thanks.

5. mode-ulation January 12, 2009 at 05:16 #

This is a really good review, I agree mostly with your opinion, especially about Miley Cyrus. Penelope Cruz is certainly getting boring for me!

6. Nikki January 12, 2009 at 05:22 #

i cant bear it either, i was very disappointed too. especially with frieda pinto.

i love marisa tomei though.

7. Leo January 12, 2009 at 05:23 #

I agree with almost everything here, especially what you say about Miley Cyrus. I could make a list of what’s wrong about her, but one of the things that really annoy is her bad posture.

The only thing I disagree is about Marisa Tomei, because I think that’s an appropriate look for the ocasion.

8. Payal January 12, 2009 at 05:26 #

Miley sticking her tongue out was so bad! She even did it when the camera panned on her for the best song category!

Renee’s hair looked like a birds nest!

But, Freida, was such a disappointment after so many fabulous appearances till date!

9. whitestroke January 12, 2009 at 05:27 #

I’ll probably post more elaborate comments tomorrow morning when I wake up. Just wanted to help out, before I go to bed, that Marisa Tomei is also wearing Oscar de la Renta Spring 2009.

10. Ayesha January 12, 2009 at 05:33 #

whoops the ho didn’t mean anything..typed hope and forgot to erase the ho. OH and btw..i was on another fashion website and I saw the title golden globes 2009 fashion..and I proceeded to scream and close the window really fast.

Yes..this is what I have been reduced to. What can I say..you deliver fashion news the best.

11. Fashion Critic January 12, 2009 at 05:35 #

thanks whitestroke

12. Christy January 12, 2009 at 05:49 #

Have to say I disagree with you comments re Debra Messing, Renee Zellweger and Eva Mendes.

Although Debra Messing’s dress admittedly looks rather tight I love the halter look on her, in my opinion the the whole Renee Zellweger outfit, from head to toe, is a debacle, and Eva looks amazing (as usual!). Personally, i think the extra material makes it more interesting … anyway!

I’m fully in agreement with you re Miley Cyrus, JLo and Freida Pinto though. How can such a gorgeous girl as FP manage to choose such a sack (i haven’t seen it on the runway, but it would have to be a MASSIVE improvement!).

13. Doc January 12, 2009 at 05:51 #

Now what specifically is so unflattering about Debra Messing’s gown? I’m just asking because I thought she looked good, but other people have said it’s a really unflattering dress and I just don’t understand where people are coming from with that assessment. I thought Marisa Tomei was the worst. Either her or Heidi Klum. Both outfits are hideous.

14. Nik January 12, 2009 at 05:56 #

btw, Blake Lively mentioned on the preshow that thanks to her Gossip Girl Costume Designer’s inspiration and tuttelage, she doesn’t hire a stylist. This might explain her erratic choices.

Deb Messing should have stayed home. Did you see how she was constantly trying to pimp her jewelry with that pose? She’s second to Miley Cyrus for obnoxios award.

Renee’s look didn’t photograph well but I am so in love with it. It just had a sense of romance about it.

What happened to Cameron’s left breast? She looks dead.

And Mama Talkin’– aka JLo –dont care what ya’ll say, the hooch is back. I love her tacky– gives me something to look forward to.

15. Kelly January 12, 2009 at 05:57 #

I absolutely loved Eva Mendes’ look tonight!! I think the extra fabric makes the gown more interesting and the jewels are just to die for. I agree on all other points, though.

16. WendyB January 12, 2009 at 06:01 #

I loved Renee’s dress. I didn’t really pay attention to the hair. Also, I think Cameron looks pretty! But my favorite was Marisa, for breaking out of the typical gown look.

17. Christy January 12, 2009 at 06:01 #

And what's with all the 'light gold' coloured dresses? Penelope Cruz, Isla Fisher, America Ferrera, Kristin Scott Thomas, Elizabeth Banks, Amanda Seyfried, Vanessa Hudgens … the list goes on and on – BORING!

Oh, and i'm interested to know why you haven't got Drew Barrymore on your the worst dressed list – what did you think of her outfit (& hair!)?

18. Anonymous January 12, 2009 at 06:31 #

I personally think Renee looked great. The hair and the outfit, the whole package seemed perfectly fine to me, at least. I liked Cameron too, but I guess her whole ensemble did let her down a bit too.

19. nicole January 12, 2009 at 07:58 #

agree all the way except for eva! she looked stunning imo.
    freida!! im so sad she choose this dress. i was so looking forward to seeing her in something more younger maybe with an indian touch.
    coulddnt agree more about miley! so obnoxious when she opens her mouth and even when she doesnt. the gown was ugly.
    and jlo is just desperate for some attentin its sad.
    great job fc!

20. Nikki January 12, 2009 at 08:06 #

I agree with everything…

I loved the Ralph Lauren gown on the runway…but it looks trashy on Megan Fox! Poor Ralph Lauren gown.

Blake Lively — she SHOULD have hired a stylist because she’s not doing a very good job of picking her outfits. Her gown is lovely but it’s a bit too snug on her. And her shoes…and hair!

Debra Messing, I’m disappointed in her. I don’t know what happened but lately I’ve noticed that her outfits don’t do anything for her.

I was shocked at Renee Zellweger. What happened. Her hair and gown.

JLo…I don’t have to say anything.

21. Ruthless MEME January 12, 2009 at 08:36 #

I have to disagree about J.LO….. I thought she looked great….. Angelina should’ve made the list instead of her…….

Blake Lively…. didn’t expect anything from her….. she’s overrated like Mishca Barton…..

Eva Mendes…. if that gathering around the waist were smaller in depth and layers……. it would’ve worked….. I liked the dress…… it just needed altering…..

Cameron Diaz is so overrated to me…. I don’t care for her…….

Frieda Pento….. is one I agree with….. she was definately awful……

Megan Fox needs to rid herself of all of those tattoos…. a attractive….. at least formal gown and tattoos are not if you gonna have multiple tattoos…. do what Cassie does and have them in places where they can’t be seen…..

Amy Adams….. had she accessorized…… then her looked would’ve worked….. but it looks like Olivia Wilde’s and Rumor Willis’ dresses anywayz……..

22. Anonymous January 12, 2009 at 08:59 #

I love Marisa’s, Eva’s and Amy’s looks.
    The rest of the lot – dissapointing :(

Lexa

23. Anne January 12, 2009 at 10:05 #

I like Renée’s – I am able abstact from her hair because the dress is so stunning, Marisa’s – I think it’s a nice look for her and Blake’s – great colour for her.

24. amel January 12, 2009 at 10:17 #

i am starting to hate kate beckinsale. the woman is boring with her dresses and fashion is about taking risk!!!

25. Kyutipye January 12, 2009 at 10:44 #

I can’t stand Myley either, with her pouting and preening … and I thought it was because I havent seen her “work”.

26. Kyutipye January 12, 2009 at 11:32 #

I think Megan Fox looked really good, except for that tattoo on her arm. why didn’t she at least cover it up with makeup? Is it just because of her comments that she is on the worst dressed list?

27. Anonymous January 12, 2009 at 11:32 #

Jennifer Lopez and Eva Mendes were one of my BEST dressed. Jennifer wore a dress i wanted her to wear and she looked stunning!
    Renee Zellweger and Cameron Diaz were the biggest dissapointments.

Electra.

28. Anonymous January 12, 2009 at 12:56 #

I agree with those of you who liked Renee’s look. I thought the hair was perfect and she had that Moulin Rouge thing going on…she was daring, dramamtic. I thought Cameron looked adorable for the first time in a long time. Marissa’s skirt blouse combo was really nice. I am finding a problem with her hair and makeup though, consistantly. Did anybody see how fab JLo’s booty looked in that dress? I think she was just following the advice to dress your assets, which she did, finely. :) Now, please, can we talk about Angelina who disappointed greatly? What is with her returnig to the Morticia look? I don’t know, she just doesn’t look glowing and happy to me anymore. I liked her better with the lighter hair. And there is something not good going on with her makeup here. Too much eyeliner? Bummer because I was expecting her to be a knock out. She should be on top of her game now, but it is like she is regressing. Maybe she was trying to let Brad shine, but a woman is a man’s glory and she should have been glowing on his arm. It would have only made him look better.

29. Anonymous January 12, 2009 at 14:24 #

miley, money can’t take the trailer out of the trash. when is that sticking out the tongue thing going to stop. i hate it…

i used to think megan fox was gorgeous, then i saw that tatoo and now she makes me sick.

why does marissa always look so sexy in films but on the red carpet she looks like she has a hangover. guess she’s one of those people who
    looks best nude.

debra messings hairline should be waxed.

30. Ally January 12, 2009 at 15:07 #

Eva looked Gorgeous!

31. drinkupthefashion January 12, 2009 at 15:49 #

cameron diaz, blake lively and megan fox were just straight up train wrecks. blake, you can look so much better. that’s all i keep thinking when i see her repeatedly walking out on the red carpet like this.

eva mendes looked amazing. she should definitely be on the best dressed list. and a lot of the other people you said looked bad, i thought looked pretty decent.

32. FashionLOver January 12, 2009 at 15:51 #

I dunno why at first I hated Renee’s look but I am starting to fall in love with it I mean it is so Texan-ish classy

Cameron diaz looks like she borrowed the look from hugh hefner’s bunnies or paris hilton the too much pink…???

33. robbie January 12, 2009 at 15:57 #

miley was just horrid, she wore a stunning dress and still acted like a little brat, i loved that dress moron father kept stepping on the train of her dress, plus its a huge award show peace signs and sticking tongues out is not good!

i actually liked jennifers dress, the goold looked good on her.

OH MY GOD EVA WAS HOT! im shocked you have her on your worst list. only thing i didnt like about eva was her hair, it looked like she just quickly did it and put a few bobby pins and hairspray on it.

amy looked amazing, bit safe but amazing all the least.

the rest i agree with.

34. heather ♥ January 12, 2009 at 20:04 #

i agree FC, i love renee’s dress, i think its stunning, but the hair definitely ruins the look!

and i think megan fox’s dress is stunning but she is just to trashy to pull it off… it would have been much better on someone like eva longoria

35. whitestroke January 12, 2009 at 23:31 #

Just for the record, I’m not a fan of necklaces on bare chest/cleavage, the way they tend to wear at these big events. (Well, am not too big on huge earrings either. I guess I’m not into jewelry that much.) It’s a bit too much for me. Beautiful dresses can work without that. So when I say I like the look, I’d probably like it even MORE if it wasn’t for that.
    There is a huge number of ladies from last night I just can’t fit neither in my Best Dressed nor Worst Dressed list. I had such high hopes for some that even if they did look good I felt slightly underwhelmed, but for most I’m undecided because they looked way better on TV than on still pictures. Like Cameron Diaz. I can see what you mean from the pics, but I thought she looked cute.

Renee was the biggest trainwreck for me. Miley… *puke!* She kept sticking her tongue out during the awards, too. WTF?! Jennifer Lopez is so OTT. I don’t like her high glamor/whatever style in general. I DID like Eva’s dress. I love the way the extra material adds volume. Freida – kind of disappointing, but I keep thinking to myself how ELSE would you wear that gown on the red carpet?! It was bound to be a slight disappointment whatever you do with it. Agreed about Marisa. Megan Fox – her tattoos are tragic. Completely agreed about Penelope. Sadly. :( Uhm, and Blake Lively, too. Except that I never cared for her. She’s always got the same hair these days. She looks literally like she just threw that dress on and that’s it. Amy Adams could have been more exciting, but she was lovely anyway.

36. Nik January 14, 2009 at 19:04 #

Okay I found the word I was looking for earlier about how I loved Renee’s look.

The hair and the dress had an “Edwardian” feel about it.

It was a bit costumey, I understand, but I am just curious, if you were her and wore that dress how would you even wear your hair?

I think she did good. She took a risk and people took notice– they have an opinion about it one way or the other.

37. Fashion Critic January 14, 2009 at 19:23 #

The more I look her look the more I love it and the more I regret putting her on this list.

My intial reaction was to the hair, but like you said it befit the look.

38. amelia January 18, 2009 at 14:28 #

that dress debra messing’s wearing… is it not the same melanie trump has previously worn to the costume institute gala last year? only hers was pink.

39. Fashion Critic January 18, 2009 at 14:42 #