11.01.09

BAFTA/LA Awards Season Tea Party

I have a lot of girl crushes, and actress Freida Pinto is starting sweeping me off my feet with her appearances on the red carpet.

Last night she looked divine wearing a canary yellow Derek Lam Spring 2009 dress,which really makes her glows. Plus I am in total lust with her clutch.

Marisa Tomei keeps it simple wearing a black eyelet dress, which has bow details on the shoulders.

She completes her look with a Fendi Mini Borderline satin clutch and black peep-toes.

I would take Jessica Alba’s D&G PJ’s over this look any day.

What happened to Gemma Arterton?

She went from Balmain, to Preen to this.

Very disappointing. No matter the occasion, I will always appreciated a girl making an effort. Gemma did not on this occasion.

Source

Runway To Red Carpet - End Of The Week Round Up

Runway To Red Carpet – End Of The Week Round Up

The Art of Elysium 2nd Annual Heaven Gala

The Art of Elysium 2nd Annual Heaven Gala

10 Responses to BAFTA/LA Awards Season Tea Party

1. Cry January 11, 2009 at 17:26 #

Also Marisa Tomei wears a Fendi borderline satin clutch (so similar to this one: http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/37523).. This clutch is becoming The IT bag for the Red Carpet!!

2. whitestroke January 11, 2009 at 17:28 #

FC, did you see Marisa Tomei at the AFI awards? I think she looked better than at the Critic’s Choice the night before. Taraji P. Henson also looked great at that event. She really started growing on me.

I’m so with you on Freida Pinto. She’s so refreshing. Honest to God, I personally think she wears both this Derek Lam and Zac Posen at the Critic’s Choice better than runway models. I won’t even start on that clutch. DO WANT.
    How come we haven’t noticed her before? I just went through all her pictures from the last few months and she looked absolutely flawless every single time.

3. Kiran_Sooknandan January 11, 2009 at 17:28 #

Freida Pinto is so beautiful here and, with a film getting oscar recognition, she will be a ‘one to watch’ over the next months

4. Cry January 11, 2009 at 17:29 #

Well, I’ve just noticed that she used the same bag also for the Critic’s..!!

5. Fashion Critic January 11, 2009 at 18:00 #

thanks cry. :)

And you are right.

6. Fashion Critic January 11, 2009 at 18:02 #

Whitestroke, yes I just saw it and I agree. Not happy with her grey dress.

I also agree about Freida and I don’t know why we have not noticed her before. I will do a Who’s That Girl post on her after the globes, as I want to know more about her too.

7. ivette January 11, 2009 at 22:06 #

i agree with everyone on Freida shes definitely becoming one to watch. im looking forward to seeing her at all the upcomming award shows!!

8. nicole January 12, 2009 at 01:46 #

LOVE FREIDA! shes my new girl crush right now too..the yellow looks gorgeous on her.. im happy shes gettin some attention for an amazing movie. cant wait to see wat she wears to the golden globes.

9. Leo January 12, 2009 at 05:20 #

All the mirrors at Gemma Arterton’s house were stolen it seems.

10. Kyutipye January 12, 2009 at 10:31 #

Freida is the only one looking good.