09.01.09

Social Events Of The Week

Louis Vuitton Hosts A Tribute To Stephen Sprouse Cocktails, New York

I don’t know how, but I almost missed this one.

How Agyness Deyn makes it onto any Best Dressed List continues to baffle me.

The model arrived at this event wearing a LBD, a graffiti style day-glo oversized vintage Sprouse blazer and Doc Martins. She accessorised with an orange crucifix and limited edition Louis Vuitton bag.

I am not feeling the graffiti bags, and I am hating Deyn ensemble.

Brook Shields looks delightful wearing a blush pink strapless Louis Vuitton Pre-Fall 2008 dress.

The dress has a taffeta skirt with a gathered jersey bodice. I was not a fan of this collection, but Brook has made me fall in love with this dress.

Eva Amurri opted for a black fur gilt from the Louis Vuitton Fall 2008 collection, to go with her all black ensemble.

She completes her look with platform heels from the same collection.

Molly Sims works this red blazer as a dress from the Louis Vuitton Spring 2008 collection.

“My Bloody Valentine 3D” Screening, LA

Jamie King wore a Lanvin Fall 2008 black and brown banded cocktail dress, which had a mesh yoke.

She wore her amazing dress with black Christian Louboutin slingbacks.

Pre-Golden Globes Luncheon, LA

January Jones gives us the cold shoulder in this Stella McCartney Spring 2009 LBD.

I really like Jessica Alba’s ensemble, especially the lavender pants, but I am not crazy about the hair or lack of make-up here.

Opening Of The London Boat Show 2009, London

Kelly Brook channels her inner Olive Oyl, as she salutes the press at the London Boat Show launch today. The TV presenter wore a stripey Diane von Furstenberg Resort 2009 strapless dress especially for the occasion, with red strappy sandals.

The 8th Annual Awards Season Diamond Fashion Show, LA

Rumer Willis’ delicate nude dress is gorgeous, but as usual, the hair just does not work for me.

Olivia Wilde is so angelic wearing this two tone chiffon Jason Wu Spring 2009 dress. She really is becoming one of my faves on the red carpet.

Debra Messing’s steel grey draped Donna Karan dress, is better than the one she wore at the People’s Choice Awards.

A darker haired Andrea Bowen looks delightful in this colour-block dress.

Garcelle Beauvais is gorgeous in a green Karen Zambos Baretta silk dress.

Taraji P. Henson wore a cream and orange floral Rachel Roy Pre-Fall 2009 dress, with complimenting accessories.

Source

Runway To The Early Show - Kate Hudson In Gucci

Runway To The Early Show – Kate Hudson In Gucci

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

17 Responses to Social Events Of The Week

1. whitestroke January 9, 2009 at 19:49 #

Molly’s blazer looks like Louis Vuitton Spring 2008.

2. Arasto January 9, 2009 at 19:59 #

Jessica Alba looks beyond horrible. I’m all for being the antithesis to common sense and picking things that aren’t conventionally pretty, but that outfit is just horrible. The pants make her look like she has a massive pelvis. The bottom of the pants do nothing for her. The top is ill-fitting and does not work with the pants at all. The shoes are whatever….just a pair of high heels that any actress would wear.

Her hair and makeup are awful too.

3. Fashion Critic January 9, 2009 at 20:42 #

Magic.

Thanks Whitestroke.

I am going to sleep until Sunday. It has been one busy week and your help has been very much appreciated.

4. Kyutipye January 9, 2009 at 21:53 #

Why has Jessica decided to dress like an old lady? I totally hate this look, especially the hair. Her shoes are nice though. That said, Garcelle looks gorgeous in that green. see you sunday.

5. sanjchee January 9, 2009 at 22:34 #

I looove Jessica Alba’s shoes, however I think that without make-up she looks like a 12-year-old! Plus I also love Garcelle Beauvais’ ensemble; green, gold and leopard look great together..

6. WendyB January 9, 2009 at 23:16 #

Hey, I have the skirt that matches Agyness’s vintage Sprouse jacket! :-)

7. Fashion Critic January 9, 2009 at 23:25 #

Do you?

Please can you post it on your site so I can see it.

thanks for the i-D

8. Flora January 9, 2009 at 23:48 #

That DvF dress Kelly Brook is wearing was first worn by America Ferrera at the Alma awards last year. You wouldn’t think those two would have the same taste, would you? Kelly makes the dress look better, but America can actually act, so America wins!

9. Bella January 9, 2009 at 23:59 #

Didn’t America Ferrera wear that DVF dress?

10. Cry January 10, 2009 at 01:31 #

Eva Amurri wore Minaudiere Vuitton clutch (http://handbaggers.com/images/img_784.jpg)

11. Anonymous January 10, 2009 at 01:44 #

wow, i think jessica looks incredible. right on trend and the whole ensemble just works! this is the stuff you will be seeing in vogue very soon.

12. Leo January 10, 2009 at 03:45 #

Agyness looks like a clown.

I love Eva Amurri, I think she looks so sexy here but with a so not obvious beauty. That’s a great look for her.

Jessica Alba is having a down week, another sad try.

13. Danielle January 10, 2009 at 14:51 #

Olivia Wilde’s dress looks like Alberta Ferretti Resort 2009, without sleeves.

14. Kiran_Sooknandan January 10, 2009 at 19:39 #

Agyness Deyn looks like a walking headache personified. I’m so over this girl…

Best of luck F.C with the amount of work ahead with the golden globes. I have exams on monday so we both have lots of work a head of us!

15. Anonymous January 11, 2009 at 09:51 #

I’m almost 100% sure that Rumer’s dress is vintage Ceil Chapman. If it’s not, someone be thievin’.

16. Fashion Critic January 11, 2009 at 16:43 #

Danielle it was Jason Wu

17. Lala aka S-R April 18, 2009 at 03:28 #

LOL. I love Aggy! She looks…colorful.