09.01.09 Worst Dressed

2009 Critic’s Choice Awards – Worst Dressed

Worst Dressed/Is It Meant To Be Funny? Cause I Ain’t Laughing Award
Funny woman Sarah Silverman tried to inject a bit of humour to the red carpet, and ended up being the joke.

Converse on the red carpet? Really? Was your dress not tragic enough on its own?

Worst Herve Leger Award
Ooooh Heidi Montag will be so jealous that Amanda Bynes wore this hot pink Herve Leger Spring 2009 dress before her.

OK she looks great it in, but yawn. I’m so over this type of bandage dress. The newer styles I can handle, but this, NO.

Worst Strapless/I Tried But I Couldn’t Love It Award
After Marisa Tomei’s red Donna Karan dress from the People’s Choice Awards, I was excepting to fall in love again.

Unfortunately I could not fall in with with her black strapless Giambattista Valli Fall 2006 dress.

On the runway, the dress looks fab, but Marisa just couldn’t pull it off imo. The ruffle dominates her.

Worst Hair/Lipstick Award
Elizabeth Banks usually always looks amazing on the red carpet. Her Reem Acra dress is gorgeous, and the shoes compliment it well, but she ruins the look with a birds nest hair do, and shocking pink lips.

Best Forever21/New Look Award
Now there is nothing wrong with Forever21, nor New Look. I have shopped at both stores.

The clothes are cheap and disposable, and this is exactly how Kristen Bell makes this Stella McCartney Spring 2009 dress look.

She completed her look with a Fendi Mini Borderline satin clutch.

No Wow Factor Award
Penelope Cruz is an A list actress.

Like Theron, Diaz, and Kruger, they should be wowing us every time they step their Jimmy Choo’s on the red carpet. They have Galliano, Lagerfeld and Valli on their speed dials, so they never have excuses.

I am not wow’ed. Not even close. I think it is mixture of feeling like I have seen this look on her before, and that she doesn’t even look enthused to be there, kills my buzz also.

This is a B list actress dress at best.

Click here for the Best Dressed.

Source

13 Comments
"Notorious" New York Premiere

"Notorious" New York Premiere

2009 Critic's Choice Awards - Best Dressed

2009 Critic’s Choice Awards – Best Dressed

13 Responses to 2009 Critic’s Choice Awards – Worst Dressed

1. Arasto January 9, 2009 at 08:38 #

Amanda looks to die for. Everything works. The hair, the body, the tan. Jennifer Aniston should wear something like this once in a while.

2. Cry January 9, 2009 at 12:30 #

I’m not tired yet of Herve Leger dresses.. Maybe ’cause they’re so feminine and make every woman really sexy and curvy.. Amanda’s choice (http://www.style.it/interactive/img/database/moda/herv-r010-080908080205-59264_base.jpg in pink) is not my favourite of the show but it’s anyway very hot!

3. Leo January 9, 2009 at 12:58 #

Amanda looks like a sausage.

Sarah Silverman tries to hard to be funny sometimes, that looks like an old joke.

Elizabeth Banks looks great, I don’t mind the hair, maybe after seeing Beyoncé’s hair it looks great by comparison. But I think it fits her and she carries, it doesn’t overshadow her.

4. Fashion Critic January 9, 2009 at 13:31 #

thanks cry

5. Cry January 9, 2009 at 14:02 #

I think Kristen Bell is carrying a Mini Borderline bag by Fendi (similar to this one: http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/38626)… It makes her look less “cheap”, or not?

6. Fashion Critic January 9, 2009 at 14:18 #

good eye.

I was up a 5am looking at pictures and I did not see that bag, so thank you.

7. Cry January 9, 2009 at 14:23 #

You’re welcome FC!
    You’re my myth! :)

8. Nik January 9, 2009 at 14:39 #

FC, I take offense to your comments regarding Penelope Cruz.

She looks good and sorry if you are bored, but I doubt Penelope dressess the way she does to please critics.

Why fix something when it’s not broken?

Not everyone is as high maintenance as Charlize Theron– scrambling for the latest fashion.

Penelope’s style is effotless and eternal–a concept that many young actressess and ‘fashionista’s’ can’t seem to grasp.

She made the dress her own. She looks like a talented actress and not a clothes-horse.

9. Fashion Critic January 9, 2009 at 15:11 #

You are taking offense?

If I had insulted you I would understand, but I was merely expressing an opinion, which is what bloggers do.

She can, and has done better and I stand by my comments.

This was just very lazy imo. My opinion does not make it a fact.

10. Anonymous January 9, 2009 at 16:06 #

Best Forever21/New Look Award
    Kristen Bell is wearing a dress by Stella McCartney ss 2009 i believe

11. Fashion Critic January 9, 2009 at 16:31 #

OMG you are so right. I don’t believe it.

12. whitestroke January 9, 2009 at 17:05 #

Sarah Silverman WTF?! o_O I’m all for wearing Converse with skirts, but ON THE STREET. Not the red carpet, and not just ANY red carpet. This is not a Blackberry event, but the awards ceremony. Jeez.

There are 2 things wrong with Marisa’s look. The length of the skirt and the shoe choice. The skirt should be much shorter for her to work, probably even shorter than on Inguna ’cause she ain’t got the model’s height so it makes her look stumpy. And shoes are completely wrong. Such a dominating dress needed a pair of shoes in different color to break the black.

13. Vera January 10, 2009 at 20:59 #

Kristin Bell has better to iron her dress)

I don’t think Penelope suits Worst Dressed list. She looks OK. Not awesome – as she always does – but OK. Love her.