09.01.09 Best Dressed

2009 Critic’s Choice Awards – Best Dressed

Finally No Black/Best Dressed/Best Couple Award
In my Best Of 2008 Awards, I was praying for colour in 2009 for Angelina Jolie.

Either god answered my prays, or Angelina reads my blog, because here we have Ange looking out-friggin-standing wearing a ice white Max Azria Spring 2009 one-sleeved gown.

She wore her gown with her hair pulled back, pearl earrings and a Herve Leger Spring 2009 clutch.

She is wearing no make-up would you believe. Beauty at its most simplistic.

Oh and Brad does not look to bad either. I am even getting used to that fuzz on his chin.

Most Edgy Award
Anne Hathaway is having an outstanding week.

Sticking to her non-safe approach to dressing, the actress walked the red carpet wearing another dress from the Gianfranco Ferré Spring 2009 collection.

The black side of the dress looks more fitted, whereas the ivory side has wavy fold to add more drama to the dress.

The look is completed with a gold buckled belt, as it was presented on the runway, and black peep-toes.

Best Embellishments Award
This is a slight predictable dress for Eva Longoria, but the turquoise Monique Lhuiller Spring 2009 cocktail dress looks divine on her.

The colour and embellished details on the halter-neck and waist really make her glow.

I am not so sure about the yellow clutch, but I do like the nude pumps and the new bangs.

Golden Girl Award
Evan Rachel Wood’s looks does not have any stench of Dita von Teese, so congratulations to her for exorcising that demon.

The actress sparkled in a gold Jasmine Di Milo dress and Stuart Weitzman shoes.

Best Strapless Gown Award
Gowns are her forte, so it’s no wonder Kate Beckinsale looks drop-dead gorgeous in this deep burgundy strapless J.Mendel Pre-Fall 2009 gown.

On The Fence Award
I am not sure if I like this or hate this.

I believe Katy Perry really pulls this 1940s Dolce & Gabbana boudoir look off, but I’m just not sure if I like it, as it feels like a costume.

Best Black Award
Diane Lane and Josh Brolin are my Best Couple Runners up. They always look so good together.

My ever first girl crush, Diane looks exquisite wearing a black sequined Monique Lhuillier dress, with a black satin bow tied to her waist.

Best Heels Award
Kristin Scott Thomas looked so sophisticated wearing a black YSL bustier dress with YSL satin sandals.

Her look was complete with a simple pearl pendant necklace, diamond earrings, and a black embellished clutch.

Best Dressed Curves
Virginia Madsen looks delightful wearing this blue velvet David Meister strapless gown.

The gathered detail on the bodice, works well as draws you in, and gives her a more defined silhouette.

Best Newcomer Award
I have not featured Freida Pinto on my blog before, but on her first appearance I have nothing but praise.

Her draped white Zac Posen Spring 2009 dress is complimented with her silver peep-toes.

Best Heels/Clutch Combo Award
Amy Adams wore a strapless vibrant blue Oscar de la Renta Pre-Fall 2009 dress which had a structured piece on the hip.

Her clutch and silver Christian Louboutin slingbacks all compliment the silver brooch she added to the hip of her dress.

Just OK Award
Another cute dress for Dakota Fanning. This time it’s Marc Jacobs.

Click here for the Worst Dressed.

Source & Source

2009 Critic's Choice Awards - Worst Dressed

2009 Critic’s Choice Awards – Worst Dressed

Who Wore Herve Leger Better? Kirsty Gallacher or Jessica Stroup

Who Wore Herve Leger Better? Kirsty Gallacher or Jessica Stroup

25 Responses to 2009 Critic’s Choice Awards – Best Dressed

1. Anonymous January 9, 2009 at 11:25 #

OMG Kate Beckinsale looks absolutely stunning.

And THANK GOD Angelina wore a non-black outfit.

Electra.

2. Anonymous January 9, 2009 at 12:49 #

Angelina does look beautiful, but surely she is wearing make-up – her lashes and eyes certainly look like she has mascara and eyeshadow on, and her skin looks too dewy not to be helped by foundation/highlighter- all subtle yes, but definately there…

Or the rest of us should give up now!

3. Leo January 9, 2009 at 12:55 #

Angelina makes it right when she makes it right. That’s amazing. She looks so good in lighter colours, let’s hope she keeps this all awards season. That’s just gorgeous.

Anne was the best dressed here for me, I simply love the dress. It’s one of my favorite pieces from the Gianfranco collection, that was one of my favorites from spring 2009, there was not a thing I did not like there.

My third love here was Dakota Fanning, she’s cute and sticks to cute. I love her, she can teach all those Disney girls a lesson. She does not try too hard to be a glam woman, because she actually realizes she’s a teen.

I’m not on the fence with Katy Perry, I hate it. I looks like a costume stolen from the Ginger Rogers archive, from a musical number in 40′s movie. Bad bad bad.

Kristin Scott Thomas made me yawn.
    And Virginia Madsen should have worn a dress in a different fabric, that is not flattering to her body type.

4. Atelier January 9, 2009 at 14:03 #

omg Anne hathaway looks so extremely chic , and beautiful and sensational wearing that amazing dress,,,I am soo happy she have won last the award,, I was so thrilled for her..I cannot wait to see her holding the golden globe and the oscar,,she deserves it the most!!
    We are expecting so much for her for the globes, the sags and the oscars,,she has to look beyond perfection cause she is definately the one to expect this year…and I know she wont let us down,,she`s simply FABULOUS.

5. Anonymous January 9, 2009 at 14:29 #

Anne was for me by far the best dressed at this event – perfect!
    As for Angelina – she looks great simply because she is a beautiful woman – hard to fail with that beauty ;) however, I simply cannot warm to these types of dresses – similar ones were worn by Linda Evangelista, Kate Moss, Diane Kruger or the night before by Kate Hudson and I think those are quite unflattering, hiding those real curves ;)
    I so much prefer the tight fitting ones, showing off the figure – like Kate Beckinsale’s J.Mendel gown – flawless :)

6. Cry January 9, 2009 at 14:32 #

I’ve just seen Virginia Madsen nails..!! They’re horrible!!!!

7. Vicky January 9, 2009 at 14:33 #

My favourites are Kate Beckinsale(WOW!) Anne Hathaway (wow!) and Evan Rachel Wood(wow).
    I’m not to wowed by Angelina, she can do better (like the green MaxAzaria from Cannes last year, and the canary yellow gown the year before), although it’s better than black I suppose.
    Kate Perry is a big NO!
    Amy looks good but she’s getting close to morph into Nicole Kidman, not good.

8. Lara January 9, 2009 at 14:41 #

Really love Kate Beckinsale and Eva’s dresses!! I think Eva looks stunning with the subtle make-up, Angelina is looking a bit too shiny in the pics..a bit more powder perhaps? Can’t wait for the Golden Globes!!

9. Meg January 9, 2009 at 14:54 #

For me Evan is definitely the best dressed, she looks gorgeous. It’s nice to see Angie in anything other than black but that dress just hangs on her.

10. Nicole January 9, 2009 at 15:37 #

OMG thanks for including frieda !! I adore her sense of style.. She’s been making the rounds at the film festivals and is always dressed to impress.. She had an amazing dress on at the palm springs film festival
    The Pitts look stunning!

11. WendyB January 9, 2009 at 15:57 #

I cracked up at what dlisted.com wrote about Angelina: “I wish I could bottle her smugness and spray it on my face whenever I am not amused.”

12. Cry January 9, 2009 at 16:15 #

I think these are Evan’s shoes: http://stuartweitzman.zappos.com/n/p/p/7521280/c/97327.html

13. Fashion Critic January 9, 2009 at 16:29 #

cry…you are on fire. thank you

WendyB…that is the funniest thing I have ever read. So true to ;)

14. cry January 9, 2009 at 17:38 #

U r welcome, FC!
    Shoes are my passion, so I’m glad I could help you with them (also for Marisa Tomei’s People’s Choice Awards look and Cassie’s at Notorious premiere)..!!

15. whitestroke January 9, 2009 at 18:48 #

Anne Hathaway – By far the Best Dressed! She’s on fire these days and has the best choice in clothes, too.

I also saw few more people on Wireimage that you didn’t feature. Taraji P. Henson, for example, looked really good. :)

16. Anonymous January 9, 2009 at 19:01 #

Dakota is in Marc Jacobs

17. Fashion Critic January 9, 2009 at 19:16 #

Thanks Anon.

Hey Whitestroke. I did this post at 5 this morning, so I guess my sleepy eye missed her ;)

18. Dana. January 9, 2009 at 21:13 #

Dakota Fanning is growing up into a beautiful girl. She was an awkward-looking kid imo, but now she’s really grown up! She looks so cute.

I thought Eva Longoria looked STUNNING. She should have been up for best dressed! The girl was gorgeous and the embellishments to die for. Ah, how I love Monique Lhullier.

Thanks FC!

19. Sarah January 9, 2009 at 22:24 #

OMG OMG I LOVE ANNE’S DRESS! :D

20. Flora January 9, 2009 at 23:53 #

Is white a colour? I have seen lots of pics of Angelina wearing white over the years, but an actual COLOUR (red, maybe? Or yellow? Just anything other than monochrome!) would be nice to see. Yeah, yeah, she looks awesome, but with a figure like that she’d look good in a bin bag.

Kate Beckinsale can wear clothes, but she always looks really pouty and miserable, perhaps becauseall her films these days are so terrible. It’s a shame, because back in the days when she didn’t know how to wear clothes and was in half-decent films instead, she smiled a lot more.

21. Raquel January 10, 2009 at 02:40 #

Oh, I love Kristin Scott Thomas. She is the most elegant ever and I wish we could see more of her on the red carpet.

IO like Dakota here. It’s a Just OK, but it’s age appropriated and I much preffer this than the Selenas of life.

22. helens January 10, 2009 at 14:35 #

A Jolie is definitely wearing makeup, but maybe not foundation, but she’s clearing got eye makeup on.

Dakota Fanning is so much more impressive than Jenny Humphry/Taylor. Same age, but Dakota looks so pretty and Taylor.. does not.

23. Anonymous January 10, 2009 at 14:35 #

24. Vera January 10, 2009 at 20:58 #

Dakota rocks!

Anne Heathaway has changed a lot with her stylist – and this is wonderful. She looks very well in this dress and with this haircut. My choice for the best dressed of the week.

Katy Perry looks very dull and cheap. Dress like from Wallmart, really.

25. Anonymous January 10, 2009 at 22:36 #

what the hell !?!.
    why is KATY PERRY on this list, she looks like she is wearing lingerie!. grosssssssss!.