Who Wore Stella McCartney Better? Victoria Beckham or Anne Hathaway

For this edition of Who Wore it Better? I’m taking it to the streets.

In my Best Of 2008 posts, I gave Victoria Beckham the Best Sidewalk Style Award, because the sidewalk is her catwalk, and no one can out do her when it comes to shopping in 6″ heels and Balenciaga dresses to go shopping at The Grove.

This was evident when she breezed through Heathrow airport back in November.

Not one to wear tights and ruin an ensemble whilst it was raining in London -see why I love her- Victoria wore her taupe Stella McCartney Felt military coat, with a matching taupe Hermes bag, brown hat, and Christian Louboutin Arielle Ankle Boots.

Anna Hathaway was spotted in New York wearing the same coat in a creamy beige colour, when she made her way to The Early Show in New York on Monday.

Like Victoria, Anne wore her coat with celebrity shades, and unbuckled but tied at the waist.

As much as I am crushing on Anne at the moment, and as much as she looks fabulous giving Victoria a run for her money in her playground. I have to give this to VB.

The coat, the hat, the bag all compliment each other perfectly, plus she doesn’t have a stylist putting her together, so she deserves more credit.

You can buy the taupe Stella McCartney coat Victoria is wearing from the international Net-A-Porter site for £1,175/€1,570.

Source & Source

Anne Hathaway In Whit - BBC Radio One

Anne Hathaway In Whit – BBC Radio One

2009 Critic's Choice Awards - Best Dressed

2009 Critic’s Choice Awards – Best Dressed

13 Responses to Who Wore Stella McCartney Better? Victoria Beckham or Anne Hathaway

1. Kyutipye January 8, 2009 at 12:56 #

I know what you mean about the stylist, but I have to commend Anne for not trying to fight it on her own. The point is to step out looking the best you can, even if it’s off of someone else’s style/fashion sense. I don’t have the best fashion sense and intend to hire a stylist as soon as I can afford one. lol. That said, it is a hard choice as they both look great. But I have to give it to VB, she is just soooo FIERCE! untouchable!!

2. Lara January 8, 2009 at 13:18 #

I think Victoria looks fabulous in this outfit, so i voted for her.

3. Leo January 8, 2009 at 15:49 #

Anne makes it chic. I hate with Victoria’s boots.

4. Ruthless MEME January 8, 2009 at 15:51 #

It’s a hard one for me…….

5. Anonymous January 8, 2009 at 16:29 #

I Love Posh :x

6. boogie January 8, 2009 at 16:36 #

Victoria has the time to be her own stylist! shopping is her job!

7. Arasto January 8, 2009 at 16:43 #

Victoria’s skinny orange legs are revolting. She is so not high fashion. She’s breast impants and fake fanner.

8. robbie January 8, 2009 at 19:36 #

anne all thw way, it looks more causual on her, than it does on victoria. plus her legs just look terrible boney chicken legs that look like they have been over tanned.

i do find it funny that she dpoesnt have a stylisy, because she always looks far too over styled for every occasion.

9. drinkupthefashion January 8, 2009 at 20:27 #

i was going to vote for anne, fc, but your words swayed me. on first glance i said anne all the way–i would wear my coat like that rather than how victoria weared it (because it would probably look better on me with less accessories). but you’re right, vb does rock this look with her ankle boots, and amazing accessories. she’s so good at putting together thebest outfits to wear day to day. and yes, she doesn’t not have a stylist. so commendable.

i just hope her red carpet style takes a turn for the better.

10. FASHIONS-FLYEST January 9, 2009 at 11:50 #

VB wins SHE HAS NO STYLIST!!!!!

SICKENIN!

11. Anonymous January 9, 2009 at 16:01 #

I Love ankle boots with legs showing off but not when it looks totally inappropriate for the weather around!
    Anne looks great and like she’s comfortable with it, so…Yay for Anne!

12. iart January 10, 2009 at 17:23 #

As anonymous said, showing of a little leg is very nice, except when you look like you have a. nothing under, and b. your tan doesn’t flatter the color of the coat and vise-versa.
    As much as I think that Victoria has been very elegant lately, I personally hate when she wears coats, she ends up looking to …trashy…
    So I have to give it to Anne.

13. brianda December 25, 2009 at 19:09 #

anne wore it bettter…..it goes better wit da tites