2009 People’s Choice Awards – Best Dressed

Joint Best Dressed/Golden Girl Award
Now this is how you bring glamour to the red carpet.

Jennifer Morrison did not disappoint, as she took to the red carpet last night wearing a gold and silver metallic cocktail dress from the Gianfranco Ferre Spring 2008 collection, which was open at the back.

She complimented her dress with satin pewter Christian Louboutin slingbacks.

Joint Best Dressed/Lady In Red Award
Marisa Tomei’s red strapless Donna Karan dress is simply breath-taking and her gold accessories compliment her dress perfectly.

I particularly love the gathering detail on the skirt, and asymmetrical hem.

Best Asymmetrical Award
Like her mum Kate Hudson is so full of energy and life, so she picked this stand-out teal Gucci Spring 2009 asymmetrical gown, with a palm tree print to match her vibrant personality.

The actress completed her look with matching two-toned Giuseppe Zanotti platforms, and Jack Vartanian black and white rings.

Best Gown Award
There is always something so calm and serene about Olivia Wilde. I would imagine she took 5 minutes to get ready for this awards do, because she looks so effortlessly beautiful wearing this white halter BCBG Max Azria gown, which she compliments with gold accessories.

She completed her look with a matching white Jimmy Choo clutch.

Best LBD Award
Teri Hatcher is not the most consistent on the red carpet, but the Desperate Housewives star looked very sexy in her black satin Givenchy Haute Couture vintage dress from Decades Inc.

I love the bows on each hip. Her pointy pumps help elongate her already very long legs.

Surprisingly fabulous.

Best Dressed Teen Award
Much improved on yesterday’s dress, Dakota Fanning is simply gorgeous in this electric blue one-shouldered BCBG mini dress. Grown up, yet still age appropriate.

Best Couture Award
Queen Latifah wore a striking purple Georges Chakra couture gown.

The hosts flowing chiffon halter gown had a jeweled neckline, with some jewels cascading down the front of her gown, which only made her sparkle more.

Best Dressed Curves Award
Queen Latifah wore a custom emerald green one-shoulder Gustavo Cadile gown, when she collected an award for Favorite Independent Movie for Secret Life of Bees.

The curvacious star’s gown was detailed with embellishments on her shoulder.

Best Non Actress Award
Dancing with the Stars host Samantha Harris wore a white one-shouldered David Meister dress, with a silver beaded shoulder.

She complimented her white hot dress with silver strappy sandals.

Best Black Award
Christina Applegate wore a black chiffon Jenny Packham gown, when she collected her award for Favorite Female TV Star.

The embellishments stop this from becoming a boring black dress.

Best Herve Leger Award
Yes I know you are all tired of Herve Leger on the red carpet, but this was one of the best from the Fall 2008 collection. Jessica Stroup looked gorgeous when she took to the red carpet last night. Not so crazy about her shoe choice though.

Finally Those Red Streaks Have Gone Award
Jordin Sparks finally ditched those red streaks which she wore to every red carpet event last year. I’m glad it was just a 2008 fad.

The singer arrived wearing a vibrant silk blue pleated Jessica McClintock, with a rosette detail on the hip. She accessorized with gold sandals and a matching clutch.

Best TV Star Award
90210 actress Lori Laughlin wore a silver shimmering Gustavo Cadile dress, which she accessorized with a Swarovski clutch and jewels.

That’s Hot Award
This type of low-cut, full skirted Jenny Packham dress is perfect for Paris Hilton. The golden colour compliments her colouring, and I adore the floral appliqué and gold sequins which cover the dress.

She completed her look with large gold metallic pumps, and a cute Fendi bag.

Best Necklace/Best Mini Strapless Award
Malin Akerman wore a strapless colourblock dress by Jay Godfrey, which was a cute flirty choice.

She punched up her look with a large silver statement necklace and chunky bangles.

Best Floral Award
Carrie Underwood had the most changes of the night. She first wore a Naeem Khan Pre-Fall 2009 gown on the red carpet.

This floral dress is really beautiful, as it also shimmers with the bead work and sequin embellishment. She completed her look with Cinta by John Hardy jewels, and a Mary Norton clutch.

Best Use Of Colour Award
Carrie wore a heavily embellished tangerine Jenny Packham Spring 2009 cocktail dress, when she accept her award for Favorite Female Singer.

Best Backstage Award
For her third and final dress, the Country singer wore a lime green empire-waist tiered gown.

It must have been an exhausting night for Miss Underwood with all those custom changes.

She completed her look with Cinta by John Hardy jewels.

Click here to check out the Worst Dressed.

Source & Source

22 thoughts on “2009 People’s Choice Awards – Best Dressed

1. marly

oh my god. AMAZING. thanks for making my day with these amazing pictures FC.
    marissa tomei looked every inch glamour in that red dress with that stunning necklace!

2. Anonymous

OMG I love that Jenny Packham dress that Carrie wore.

And Paris Hilton’s dress looks so familiar, i know i’ve seen it somewhere, it could be Jenny Packham aswell.

Electra.

3. Sally

Jennifer Morrison looks so beautiful! And the dress is very unusual but suits her so well, she’s gorgeous! I also love Marisa Tomei’s, it’s so elegant!

4. Kyutipye

Dakota, YES! she looks very nice. everything is just right.
    Queen Latifah’s purple gown is just amazing. not so crazy about her other one.
    Jordin Sparks looks good. Im also glad the red highlights are gone.
    I think Paris is trying to dress better. Maybe 2009 will be for her what 2008 was for Kim K. *fingers crossed*. Great post FC, can’t wait for Sunday.

5. Kiran_Sooknandan

Hey F.C, after cry found the shoes, I can help with the dress. It’s Gianfranco Ferre Spring 2008 RTW. So glad we have a awards show like this to wet our appetite because by the sounds of the guests, the globes will be a metaphoric fashion feast!

6. Leo

Queen Latifah was the queen. Love both her dresses, she seems so happy and looks great.

Also loved Kate Hudson. That dress stands out for being perfect for her. Great accessories also. I adored her earrings for Letterman the other day also. Jack Vartanian makes beautiful jewelery, I picked up some pieces the other day and was breathless, they are so stunning.

Carrie Underwood is such a Barbie doll, she looks best in that green dress.

Marisa Tomei looks fantastic minus the shoes.

Jordin Sparks looks like a candy that exploded it’s wrapping. And that hair she stole from the lion on wizard of oz is awful too.

7. Kimtk

A great set of pics here- thank you!!

I just don’t like the Jordan Sparks dress. But I have now seen it a few times as a best dress pick- what the?? To me it looks like an 80′s shortened version Gunne Sax pagent dress. Oh well, that’s just not my fav..

I can’t seem to pick just one as a fav, though. So many look nice. Must have been a good show last night! So much color, metalics, and asymetrical. Fun to see!

8. Best Celebrity Legs

Marisa Tomei looked incredible. It was actually one of the better events that I’ve seen where there really wasn’t too many fashion disasters. How about Jennie Garth? She had on a fantastic black dress and high heels. It’s nice to see her back on the red carpet I think. I loved Kated Hudson’s shoes. And Lori Loughlin looked beautiful. Very age appropriate, yet elegant. But my vote for sexiest and most stylish celebrity goes to Marisa Tomei.

9. robbie

it pains me to say it but im lovin paris right now, she always looks great in flowy dresses rather than tight sexy dresses. her bag is the best bit of her outfit though :)

christina looks amazing and by far deserved the award she won, she is a great actress! cant wait to see much more of her in 2009.

another herve dress, but this time jessica looks good in it.

queen latifah looks HOT, in both those dresses, i love how she dressed her curves.

dakota is fabulous, very age appropriate.

10. drinkupthefashion

i am so in love with carrie underwood in that orange jenny packham dress! she wore it AMAZINGLY! i don’t think anyone could wear it better. this is definitely one of her best looks imo. :)

11. whitestroke

Jennifer Morrison rarely disappoints. I voted for her for Best Dressed, too. Marisa Tomei – BEYOND GORGEOUS. I was looking forward to her this awards season and she already blew me away. I would have liked it even MORE without the necklace, though.

I hate to say it but I’m not a fan of Kate Hudson in that dress. I was in general underwhelmed with dresses from the last Gucci collection, but that gown was the most interesting one to me, and she doesn’t do it justice. I can’t put my finger on it…
    The Naeem Khan gown looks better on Carrie than it did on the model.

12. Anonymous

Jordan Sparks needs to wear a more sophisticated non-sleeveless dress. she is so pretty,help her out carolina herrera.