07.01.09

Social Events Of The Week

“Seven Pounds” Germany Premiere

Rosario Dawson is certainly not afraid of colour on her European promotional tour.

The actress arrived on the red carpet wearing a multi-coloured asymmetrical Azzaro Spring 2009 dress last night, which had a jeweled detail on the shoulder, and a tie around the waist.

Not loving her shoe choice with this gorgeous dress.

20th Annual Palm Springs International Film Festival Awards Gala, Palm Springs

This deep burgundy strapless J.Mendel Pre-Fall 2009 dress, accented with a black velvet bow, lets me know that Amy Adams is still one of the best dressed stars on the red carpet.

Dakota Fanning is so cute, but I am not crazy about her dress. I think its because I can picture Paris Hilton wearing it, in that size.

I love Taraji P. Henson’s maroon peep-toe booties, but her dress looks very messy with all those creases.

2008 New York Film Critic’s Circle Awards, New York

Penelope Cruz was honoured for her role in Vicky Cristina Barcelona at the New York Film Critics Circle Awards this week.

The Spanish actress wore a gorgeous Oscar de la Renta one-shoulder black dress, with square paillette embellishments, and feathering around the neckline and hemline.

She completed her look with Chopard jewels, and nude platform pumps.

Source

Runway To The Palm Springs Film Festival Awards - Anne Hathaway In Balmain

Runway To The Palm Springs Film Festival Awards – Anne Hathaway In Balmain

Runway To "Defiance" London Premiere - Satsuki Mitchell In Louis Vuitton

Runway To "Defiance" London Premiere – Satsuki Mitchell In Louis Vuitton

10 Responses to Social Events Of The Week

1. Kyutipye January 7, 2009 at 13:18 #

Amy Adams looks lovely. I like it when ladies look so sophisticated with so little effort. Dakota is adorable, but I don’t really like her overall look. I think it might be the top half of her dress and the fact that she can’t fill it out well and it ends up looking frumpy. Strappy gold sandals would have been good too. But I like that she tries to dress age appropriate.

2. Nikki January 7, 2009 at 13:51 #

I agree…love the dress, hate the shoes Rosario Dawson is wearing.

Amy Adams does look good, however she always seems to look the same. Her hairstyle doesn’t change (either in a bun or in the 50′s old glam style) and the cuts of her dress as well. they’re a bit blah. For once I want her to surprise me and wow me. She needs to try something different.

Love Penelope Cruz’s outfit.

3. Anonymous January 7, 2009 at 14:20 #

2009. started with black outfits and i don’t like that. Hopefully things will change at the Golden Globes on Sunday.

People’s Choice Awards are tonight, i hope they have a red carpet.

Electra.

4. Fashion Critic January 7, 2009 at 14:24 #

So it is. Thanks for that update.

5. robbie January 7, 2009 at 15:20 #

rosario looks amazing! minus the shoes, but the dress, hair and everything else is divine.

6. Cry January 7, 2009 at 15:37 #

I’ve just started loving Rosario Dawson..!! This dress is simply divine!

Penelope Crux, instead, is very disappointing.. Even Oscar De La Renta looks boring on her..

7. Fashion Citizen January 7, 2009 at 16:25 #

Great post again, I like Taraji’s look. I hope she remains consistent this year and Dakota is getting older, I thinks he can ditch the cutesy dresses.

8. Leo January 7, 2009 at 18:17 #

Rosario looks amazing, wow!
    I had never noticed her much, but lately I’ve been liking what I see.

It’s nice to see Dakota dressing so appropriate to her age. I really laughed with the Paris comment (and I’m reading this inside a train, and are people looking at me), she so would wear that thinking she’s so amazing.

9. whitestroke January 8, 2009 at 17:10 #

I find Dakota’s look not age appropriate, but the other way around. It’s almost as if she’s already too grown-up for that kind of dress. I’d put something like that on someone half her age.

I read on Jamd.com that Penelope’s dress is Marchesa, but I really wouldn’t know ’cause I don’t remember seeing that dress on the runway. I like her feet in nude pumps. LOL

10. Ladybrille.com January 9, 2009 at 06:53 #

Agreed on Taraji. But have to say the woman is FIERCE! The dress thumbs down.