Runway To "Bride Wars" New York Premiere – Kate Hudson In Oscar de la Renta

Kate Hudson looked so elegant when she arrived at the New York premiere of her new movie Bride Wars. Quite the opposite from her sexier look on Letterman earlier in the day.

The actress wore a black and white geometric patterned strapless mermaid gown, with a pepulm at the waist from the Oscar de la Renta Spring 2009 collection. She accessorized with a diamond cuff bracelets, and she wore her hair loosely tied back with a few pieces framing her face.

There are not many who can match Coco Rocha, but I think Kate wears this gown equally well. In fact I think she wears it better.

I won’t lie. When I first saw Anne Hathaway wearing a black double breasted Boy by Band of Outsiders suit, I felt a tiny bit disappointed. But I after about a minute I realised that I really like this look.

It’s chic, elegant and sophisticated. She is clearly not trying to out do her co-star, like some people try to do on the red carpet. In fact I think they compliment each other very well.

Her make-up was kept light, and she accessorized her masculine look with silver drop earrings, a silver ring and gold Christian Louboutin Very Galaxy heels.

I love the picture below were they’re checking each other out.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Source & Source
Katherine Heigl In Michael Kors - NBCUniversal 2014 Summer TCA Tour

Katherine Heigl In Michael Kors – NBCUniversal 2014 Summer TCA Tour

Runway To "Seven Pounds" Paris Premiere - Rosario Dawson In Sonia Rykiel

Runway To "Seven Pounds" Paris Premiere – Rosario Dawson In Sonia Rykiel

19 Responses to Runway To "Bride Wars" New York Premiere – Kate Hudson In Oscar de la Renta

1. Kyutipye January 6, 2009 at 11:31 #

Kate looks gorgeous. Im rather disapointed with Anne’s outfit. I think it is boring. I have come to really like her new style and this just let me down. Looking forward to more interesting things from her. Cant wait for sunday!

2. From Russia with Love January 6, 2009 at 11:55 #

Anne looks elegant when she’s alone, but together they look like bride and groom.. I think it would be better for her to choose a dress for this premiere. Kate’s is stunning as ever.

3. Fashion Critic January 6, 2009 at 12:01 #

LOL with the film being called Bride Wars, maybe that is the look that they were going for.

4. Ahot January 6, 2009 at 12:07 #

i think it´s all about the smile. Coco is fierce as usual, but Kate is shining.
    And Anne is loooking great here.Simple but still sexy. For a suit like this, you need confidence and natural beauty and she has it all now…
    Love her Louboutins.

5. Leo January 6, 2009 at 12:34 #

Kate looks fantastic, that's a great shape for her.

Anne looks good, not great. I think the suit is Dolce & Gabbana, not sure. The only problem is her hair, it makes her forehead looks gigantic.

6. Sarah January 6, 2009 at 12:46 #

I love these outfits, but why does Anne look so… suprised? I can’t put my finger on it, perhaps it’s the eyebrows, but something seems off…

7. Fashion Critic January 6, 2009 at 12:59 #

I had a look on D&G's celebrity section of the website and she is not there. They are usual very quick to update once a celeb wears their stuff.

I guess we will have to wait for instyle and people to confirm.

8. Nik January 6, 2009 at 13:24 #

I think FC and kyutipie are correct. I have a feeling Rachel Zoe schemed to make them look like a bride and groom. Maybe they flipped for who can wear the pants?

9. Anonymous January 6, 2009 at 13:52 #

Well it’s stupid if they played a bride and a groom on the red carpet as they both play brides in the movie. Anne is way underdressed for a premiere and she makes Kate look overdressed.

I really like Kate’s Oscar de la Renta dress. Oscar can do no wrong in my eyes.

Can’t wait for the Golden Globes, i’m counting the days.

Electra.

10. Danika January 6, 2009 at 13:53 #

lol maybe at the next premiere Anne will get to wear a stunning dress and Kate will take the backseat in something simple…taking it in turns!

11. LILA January 6, 2009 at 14:44 #

I like both dresses..one very chic and ladylike from Kate and one very masculine and sophisticated from Anne. They both look radiant but i prefer Anne’s choice. The suit for a woman is one of my favourite outfit to see on the red carpet since Diane Keaton and Catherine Keener both pull it off so well, and i like Anne’s even though i’d have liked it more with a touch of coulour or an open blazer..i don’t know. but what i really don’t like is the beehive..was it really necessery?this is the worst i have ever seen on Anne’s head! Please give it back to Amy Winehouse!

12. Kiran_Sooknandan January 6, 2009 at 15:37 #

Rachel Zoe styles both of them so I guess we can see who she prefers!Kate is perfection chic and modern yet still classic. Anne on the other hand, is a bit of a let down.

13. Fashion Citizen January 6, 2009 at 15:38 #

Coco, Anne, and Kate…how can this get any better ! Everyone looks stunning. Anne looks very cool and laid back, great look for her and Kate looks very chic, a turn from her boho looks.

14. Fashion Critic January 6, 2009 at 15:52 #

Thanks Kiran, this makes kyutipie Bride and Groom twist all the more plausible.

15. serap January 6, 2009 at 16:48 #

kate looks stunning, love her dress.
    but i must admit – anne scared me so much on the second close up picture. i think its because of her makeup and hair, her eyes kinda looks scary and i think the hair doesnt fit to her, dont know, something looks odd:/
    her suit is okay though.

16. Anonymous January 6, 2009 at 17:13 #

Anne’s Louboutins are not bling blings. They are called the Very Galaxy and are from the Spring 2009 line.

17. Fashion Critic January 6, 2009 at 17:31 #

Thanks. they look like bling blings from a far

18. drinkupthefashion January 6, 2009 at 17:51 #

i was wondering when someone would wear that oscar de la renta dress! it’s absolutely beautiful! i think coco and kate wear it equally well. coco looks so beautiful in it.

like you fc, i was also dissapointed when i saw anne. but on second glance she looks great in the suit. the only other gripe i have is the hair. it does look nice on her, but it’s so obviously fake. i wished she would have worn her hair short instead.

19. whitestroke January 7, 2009 at 00:07 #

Kate does look even better than Coco in that dress. I think it's because Coco is actually more busty and God knows fashion these days is made to look better the flatter you are. I wasn't a fan of that dress on the runway. Looked a bit old to me. I tend to find black&white gowns too old for younger women. Don't know why. But I do like it on Kate very much.

The thing about Kate and Anne's styling here, and the fact the same stylist works with both of them, made me think about this issue again… I guess if you're famous and don't have a sense of style or just don't bother following fashion, it's better to hire a stylist than to look bad on the red carpet. But in a strange way I'm bothered by stars having stylists because then things they wear don't say anything about THEM. And I'm also bothered by what Rachel Zoe did here, because if she's styling them both then she made this distinctive looks for them on purpose. But just imagine they've been styled by different people, each stylist would dress their star the best they could for that occasion and we'd get completely different result. So basically, like I said above… it's not their own identity at all.