Red Carpet Transformation – Evan Rachel Wood

It has been a while since I did a Red Carpet Transformation post, and I could not think of any one better than Evan Rachel Wood, because her style has been a bit of a roll-coaster. As the young actress she tried to develop her own style and ended up….well just copying Dita von Teese’s.

One of Evan’s first red carpet appearances was at the ABC All Star Party back in 2001 when she was just 14.

Her look back then was age appropriate, and varied, with a small sign of Gothic tendencies, with her love for her black leather skirt.

During 2003-2004, a teenage Evan Rachel Wood gained critical acclaim for her role as Tracy Louise Freeland in the hit movie Thirteen.

Her look was very much to be expected for a young girl walking the red carpet at some of the biggest events.

She was slightly awkward in an eggplant dress for the Thirteen premiere, golden at an event honouring Nicole Kidman, coming of age in a steel blue satin dress to the Golden Globes, fairy-tale princess-like at the SAG Awards, and looking very grown up in a nude flapper-esqe dress for the Critic’s Choice Awards.

In 2006 we saw the start of her ‘black’ phase.

In October 2006, Evan and Marylin were first photographed together at The Nightmare Before Christmas 3D World Premiere.

Evan attended Marilyn Manson Art Gallery Exhibition on Halloween, wearing head-to-toe black, retro waves, and red lips. This you may say is when the transformation to a Dita von Teese clone began.

Dita von Teese filed for divorce on 29 December 2007, citing Evan Rachel Wood as one of the factors in the break-down of their marriage. Not long after Evan and Marylin went public, and so did her dark locks.

Some of you have tried to convince us ‘none believers’, that the darker locks was for a movie role, but we ain’t buying it.

In early November it was reported that Evan Rachel Wood and Marylin Manson had split on October 23.

Shortly after that Evan incorporated some colour into her red carpet look, not once, but twice. Her hair also became lighter, as she showed off a gorgeous flame coloured ‘do.

She has kept the retro waves and darker make-up, but it looks like she maybe finally starting to find her own identity.

I think there’s not a lot wrong with being inspired by someone else’s style. Victoria is inspired by Audrey Hepburn and Christina Aguilera by Lady Gaga, but basing your look on your boyfriend ex-wife is a little creepy.

Source

In Rachel Bilson's Closet - Brian Reyes

In Rachel Bilson’s Closet – Brian Reyes

Runway To Live With Regis & Kelly - Anna Hathaway In Marc Jacobs

Runway To Live With Regis & Kelly – Anna Hathaway In Marc Jacobs

14 Responses to Red Carpet Transformation – Evan Rachel Wood

1. pahzaaz January 6, 2009 at 17:31 #

disagree on the xtina and lady gaga. more of the other way round for me. xtina has change her style since forever and she tried this look before too. so yeah

2. Rock*Star January 6, 2009 at 17:57 #

I ddnt know Manson left Dita for her ! I thought she came later !

Shez a realy pretty girl.Her latest hair color is fierce! it suits her a lot better than black.

And the make up !its terrible! how does she cleans it off at night !
    She would look a lot better without that much make-up !

3. JL January 6, 2009 at 18:35 #

oooooh my god! i didnt even know she was the girl in “thirteen”. cant even regognize her anymore. she has definitely changed.

real shocker to me!!

4. Jennifer January 6, 2009 at 19:29 #

She looks good, but I still think she’s a bit of an asshole.

5. ahot January 6, 2009 at 19:51 #

Young women need someone to refer to as inspiration, and later find their own style. Too bad for her it has to be Dita. Let´s hope she will inspire others, now that she got ride of that scary manipulative man.
    she can do so much better!

6. Leo January 6, 2009 at 20:39 #

The only thing creepyier than dating Marilyn manson is being turned on an ex-wife clone by him. That’s just sick in so many levels.

If you look at those pictures from 2006 and just wash her face from that overdone make-up and take the dark clothes away, it’s a child. She still looked like an infant, god, she must be so messed up by now.

7. WendyB January 6, 2009 at 21:10 #

Wow, that was quite a change. Great post.

8. Erin January 7, 2009 at 00:49 #

I’d love to see you do a Red Carpet Transformation on Emma Watson. Her style just a few years ago was AWFUL, and she has improved so much.

9. iart January 7, 2009 at 17:47 #

She is a beautiful girl with quite some potential. The problem is that dating someone who’s been with Dita puts pressure, I bet that Manson encouraged her to try things that he liked on Dita in the past. She did push it to far though.
    I am glad that she is back to her light strawberry blond self!

10. Cleopatra January 8, 2009 at 13:54 #

can someone please explain to me how these women bare to me near something as frightening looking as Marilyn Manson. Honestly, I cant wrap my head around it. Is it just me who thinks he’s a walking corpse?

11. Ruthless MEME January 8, 2009 at 15:53 #

OMG….. She is such a swagger jacker…… Dita Von Tesse PWNS her in every single outfit…….

12. Anonymous January 8, 2009 at 22:42 #

I’m going to say it again: she looks like Rose McGowan now.

13. Anonymous January 9, 2009 at 16:16 #

She’s only 21? OMG! those transformations are aging her tons!! she should try and go for a more natural look!

14. LD August 12, 2013 at 18:35 #

Oh my goodness! When she was a child, she looked a lot like Sabrina the Teenage Witch…can’t remember her name, but they look very similar! (well, at least when she was blond)