Who Wore 3.1 Phillip Lim Better? Camilla Belle or Lauren Conrad

Nothing is more eye-catching than a sequined sparkling dress. Camilla Belle arrived at the 3.1 Phillip Lim Los Angeles Store Opening back in June wearing a 3.1 Phillip Lim multi-coloured sequin dress.

When this dress was presented during Phillip Lim’s Resort 2009 collection, the model wore it with a green belt. Camilla opted for a tan belt, and navy blue Miu Miu heels.

Reality TV star Lauren Conrad wore the same dress, sans belt, when she attended the season 4 finale of The Hills at Tavern on the Green last month in New York City.

Although I preferred Lauren’s bronzed heels, I feel very strongly that this dress works better with a belt, so Camilla wins this for me.

You can see if this dress works better for you with or without a belt, as you can purchase it from Net-A-Porter US site for $925, or the international site for £661/€879.

Source

In Beyonce Knowles' Closet - Chanel & Milly

In Beyonce Knowles’ Closet – Chanel & Milly

Runway To Dinner In Dubai - Victoria Beckham In Dolce & Gabbana

Runway To Dinner In Dubai – Victoria Beckham In Dolce & Gabbana

14 Responses to Who Wore 3.1 Phillip Lim Better? Camilla Belle or Lauren Conrad

1. LILA January 5, 2009 at 11:42 #

In my opinion there’s little comparison..and not just because i’d love Camilla Belle even wearing a potato sack, but because the belt brings life into the dress giving it shape and even interesting pleated details. The choice of the shoes and the hair could have been better for Camilla but the dress with the belt stands out the most so..she wins this for me too.

2. Fashion Critic January 5, 2009 at 12:08 #

I would ♥ her in a potato sack too.

3. Leo January 5, 2009 at 12:26 #

Camilla looks fresh, Lauren looks sad in it.

4. WendyB January 5, 2009 at 14:27 #

I saw that dress and was tempted to buy it, but I didn’t want to spend that kind of money on something I’d see on a dozen different celebrities. I’d rather get something vintage. Anyway, I’d personally wear it without the belt — I’m not much of a belt person.

5. robbie January 5, 2009 at 14:38 #

camilla all the way, looks better on her, although her shoes are shockingly bad. on lauren it is nice but makes her look wide.

ive never even noticed how prominate camillas eyebrows are.

6. Anonymous January 5, 2009 at 17:12 #

the dress not only looks alot better with the belt, but also against tanned skin i think….

7. Mallory January 5, 2009 at 19:48 #

The voters are right, a tough choice. Although I despise Lauren Conrad, if not for never wearing her own designs, for… well everything else, she doesn’t look horrible here.

Camilla definitely has my vote for adding the belt, not going matchy matchy, and not posing like she has been acting for Disney all of her teen career. Sorry Lauren… and other Disney stars.

8. Jenna B January 6, 2009 at 02:04 #

I think Lauren looks the best. That belt looks so wrong with that dress.
    I think it’s sad when people hate on Lauren for no other reason then jealousy. What is there to hate about her? She’s done nothing wrong.

9. Anonymous January 6, 2009 at 08:00 #

Lauren even though she poses funny. Camilla killed the whole outfit with her hideous shoes.

10. whitestroke January 6, 2009 at 23:42 #

I’m pretty sure Camilla’s shoes are from the 3.1 Phillip Lim Fall 2008 collection. ;)

11. Fashion Critic January 7, 2009 at 02:00 #

I am sure they are miu miu :)

12. whitestroke January 7, 2009 at 22:42 #

Sorry. ;) They looked like the ones from Phillip’s Fall collection from afar.

13. Fashion Critic January 7, 2009 at 23:36 #

I could be wrong. :)

14. Bella January 11, 2009 at 10:05 #

Kristen Ritter also wore this dress. :)