Beyonce Knowles For Elle US January 2009

Beyonce Knowles had a lot of covers during 2008 and it looks like it will not stop in 2009, as she graces the cover of Elle US January 2009.

The singer/actress looks slightly over-airbrushed on the cover, wearing a purple Emporio Armani one-shoulder dress with a Marc Jacobs Spring 2009 metallic sash tied to the waist.

On her relationship with Jay-Z: “It’s a power struggle. But if I didn’t respect someone and they didn’t have that strength, then I would be bored. I wouldn’t be attracted to them.”

On her life: “There are a lot of things I never did, because I believe in watching those true Hollywood stories and I see how easy it is to lose track of your life. Think about Marilyn Monroe.”

On having a baby: “No way! I’m terrified of delivering a child because I saw my nephew being born. That traumatized me. I’m only 27. I’ve got time.”

On being affected by playing Etta James: “My mom had to leave the set. I don’t normally curse. Maybe twice a year. I have to be really livid. Somebody saying things or scheduling something where I’m not in control. It was freeing, but it was also the most emotionally draining time of my life. Every day I would come home; my eyes would be completely swollen.”

Tina on Sasha Fierce: “Her cousin Angie gave her that name. We’d tease Beyonce about having a split personality. Me and Angie and Ty, her stylist, would work with her doing a quick change when she’d come off the stage between sets. Beyone would start screaming, “What’s wrong with you? Where’s my shoe?” Uh oh, we’d say, “Sasha is here.” I’m like, This is some crazy person who’s doing this quick change. She’s another person up there. We don’t take it personally. Sasha is her bragging side I don’t know whether to say it, but her hip-hop side.”

Source & Source
Menswear Red Carpet Roundup

Menswear Red Carpet Roundup

Runway To St. Barts New Year's Eve Party - Beyonce Knowles In Marc Jacobs

Runway To St. Barts New Year’s Eve Party – Beyonce Knowles In Marc Jacobs

10 Responses to Beyonce Knowles For Elle US January 2009

1. Nik January 2, 2009 at 20:24 #

wow…she’s still working the sasha fierce angle…

at least she got rid of the metallic hand

loves the gareth pugh still

2. drinkupthefashion January 2, 2009 at 20:48 #

she is really working it! i love beyonce!
    i never thought of her as a diva though, but after reading that comment from her mom, now i’m wondering how sweet beyonce really is. she always comes off as polite, cordial, warm, bubbly. but i guess everyone has their moments. either way i still think she’s cool.

3. Anonymous January 2, 2009 at 22:55 #

The cover looks awfull. The photoshoot is boring, all the outfits are basically the same.

We’ll blame the stylists and the photographer on this one, as her personal style has improved over the last few months.

Electra.

4. Kyutipye January 2, 2009 at 22:56 #

I love Beyonce (I think I say this everytime I comment about her)and I love this shoot.

5. ahot January 2, 2009 at 23:23 #

Even the makeup couldn´t help. She is boring as usual no matter how hard she tries. L´habit ne fait pas le moine.

6. Elisa January 3, 2009 at 09:27 #

i just hate the fact that she only has one facial expression, and the only thing she can change is how open or closed her mouth is! she can’t be too exciting to shoot. and i HATE her robot pose, it’s just too stupid :)

7. Sase January 3, 2009 at 12:06 #

I think she looks good, she isnt a proffessional model so maybe she hasnt mastered all the ‘facial’ expressions
    And who is sweet 100% of the time? When you are with family who cares?

8. robbie January 4, 2009 at 18:20 #

i hate this shoot, its boring the only one i can say i like a little is the armani picture, simply cause she doesnt have that stupid make-up and that big hair.

9. ~*juDee*~ January 5, 2009 at 17:24 #

omg, she looks absolutely fantabulous in the purple on the front cover…i think we can safely say she is working it!!
    also she looks amazing in the emporio armani….loves, loves, loves beyonce!

10. ~*juDee*~ January 5, 2009 at 17:27 #

ps shes blaaaaatanly been taken in a few inches, lol!