23.12.08 Best Of

Most Disappointing In 2008 – Blake Lively

Last year I predicted that Blake Lively would be the one-to-watch in 2008. The beginning of the year started off well with a stunning Gucci Resort dresses, then by September it had all started to fall apart.

We looked at our Mac & PC screens in shock that one so beautiful and young, had got it so wrong time after time, after time.

For me the lowest point was at the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund event, were she wore a Vena Cava maxi.

I still cringe when I look at that picture.

Source

"The Hills" Season 4 Finale

“The Hills” Season 4 Finale

Most Consistent On The Red Carpet 2008 - Kerry Washington

Most Consistent On The Red Carpet 2008 – Kerry Washington

10 Responses to Most Disappointing In 2008 – Blake Lively

1. Ace Azri December 23, 2008 at 14:37 #

ironically vogue claim her as the no 1 on their best dressed list.

2. Fashion Critic December 23, 2008 at 14:39 #

Yes I read that also.

Just about sums up the fact that fresh blood is needed at Vogue.

We should apply :)

3. Leo December 23, 2008 at 16:59 #

She looks a bit lost with her style, but I see something on her. When she finds out what her thing is about she’ll do great.

4. Fashion Critic December 23, 2008 at 17:05 #

I hope so

5. Nik December 23, 2008 at 18:20 #

I think she’s faced with too much fashion pressure and crumbled.

I remember how Gwyneth and Nicole Kidman were dubbed “best dressed” only to sabotage themselves with confusing outfits.

I think maybe it’s a puberty face for these trendy ladies, to experiment and find out how bad and how low they can go. I have faith in Blakey. Sometimes its not always about looking “pretty”. She’s trying to find her voice, she has time.

6. Ruthless MEME December 23, 2008 at 20:52 #

She is so overrated……. the only time she even looks good is on the set of Gossip Girl……

7. Rimini December 23, 2008 at 20:53 #

LOL @ ur vogue dig! Seriously doe have u tot of doing this for a living FC?

8. Rimini December 23, 2008 at 20:55 #

Oh just realized i didnt comment on Blake, i think the problem is we expect too much from her because of Serena!

9. Michelle December 24, 2008 at 12:06 #

Well, she’s (apparently) going to be Vogue’s February’s cover girl, so you do the math.. Politics, that’s the whole story. There is NO other explanation for that choice. Though truth to be told, the way she wears all those creations as Serena – so freely, so naturally, in such a vibrant manner – has to count for something. But not that for Vogue’s slot, na-ah :)
    Ooh, and fashion critic – thank you for brightening up 2008 with your glamorous posts. Your quick updating and your choices always made my morning much more fun. You rock! Merry Christmas from Tel Aviv, keep up the fine work on 2009 XX

10. Jade June 5, 2009 at 12:51 #

oh i agree with you about the Vena Cava maxi. it reminds me of the dresses the amish wear. well except for the plunging neckline.