22.12.08 Best Of

One To Watch In 2009 – Beyonce Knowles

I think the majority of us were surprised by the improvement of Beyonce Knowles this year style-wise. This I would like to attribute this to her getting married, and feeling more in control of her style.

Not only did she improve on the red carpet, but in her stage costumes and her day to day style.

She does take two steps forward with the occasional one step back, but will she continue to improve, or will she return to the bling?

Blake Lively was the one to watch in 2008, and we all know what a disaster that turned out to be.

Fingers crossed.

Source

Red Carpet Hairstyle Of 2008 - Retro Waves

Red Carpet Hairstyle Of 2008 – Retro Waves

Best Style Make-Over Of 2008 - Anne Hathaway

Best Style Make-Over Of 2008 – Anne Hathaway

13 Responses to One To Watch In 2009 – Beyonce Knowles

1. andy December 22, 2008 at 16:06 #

i thought kim kardashinan should win. cos i think she listens to what we think of her style. and she change appropriately.

2. Fashion Critic December 22, 2008 at 16:14 #

I hear what you are saying Andy and on hindesight this should have been Kim.

3. JL December 22, 2008 at 17:40 #

I totally agree with Andy. Kim K should have won this. I like B’s new style, but as you can see all her outfits are black. It’s boring compared to the colours Kim has chosen.

4. Nik December 22, 2008 at 23:37 #

I cant help but feel as if Sasha Fierce is trying to compete with Disturbia.

I think this is B’s highpoint and is only to go downhill from here.

Or not. She may get Oscar nod for Cadillac Records song and perform at the Grammy’s.

Plus I am getting sick of the whole badmouthing the LBD. Yes, I’ll give you the fact that it doesn’t read well on camera but those dressess are special since it’s not always about the color or bells, but the cut and details of the garment…so yeah…don’t dismiss it right away you racist/color snobs just because it’s black.

–consider the fact that her outfits are unique– and not everyone can make a many black dressess look intruiging (Audrey Hepburn anyone?)

5. Nik December 23, 2008 at 00:05 #

OOooo!!!

Maybe Solange Knowles would be a better shoe for this category?

6. Arasto December 23, 2008 at 00:53 #

Beyonce is another woman who will never look good in clothes. She always looks like a pageant queen. When she wears nice items, they don’t come off well on her.

7. Loli December 23, 2008 at 03:44 #

I think it’s kinda ironic that all the outfits are black considering how you are not particularly fond of the color.

8. Ruthless MEME December 23, 2008 at 03:58 #

She has changed her beauty pageant look a bit…… but she is slowly comin’ back to it…….

9. Fashion Critic December 23, 2008 at 09:15 #

Loli, I guess it is kinda ironic, but these are the best dresses she has worn this year.

10. Lily December 23, 2008 at 11:10 #

I’ve always loved Beyonce’s style. She has always been very ecletic in her style, not just recently. She’s worn sparkly numbers, ball gowns, bohemian chic, worn tailored dress suits, etc…She’s always been a very stylish woman. That’s why she made Mr. Blackwell’s best dress list a few times and People’s Best Dressed List last year.

11. Jal December 23, 2008 at 11:39 #

OMG, you have to do a piece on Beyonce’s new video for “Diva.” I’m loving her videos for this album, unlike the last one.

12. robbie December 23, 2008 at 12:42 #

sometimes she looks good, but then she always screws it up with that big hair!!!!!, i prefer her in dresses like the dolce and gabbana dress, simple but classy, where as the zuhair murad dress just looks trashy and cheap like a beauty queen kinda dress. i hope she ditches that metal hand thing, it looks stupid just on one hand.

13. Anonymous December 23, 2008 at 16:13 #

I completely agree with Beyonce being the " One to watch in 2009". She is a REAL artist because she has lots of talent which no one can't deny but also a beautiful personality. And now,hopefully her style will match all of that. Can't wait, Happy holidays to everybody!!<3

Cezara