22.12.08 Best Of

Model Of The Year 2008 – Jourdan Dunn

The rise of British model Jourdan Dunn is nothing short of amazing. As iD magazine said “You owe it to yourself. Set the world on fire”, and she did.

She model was on the cover of the now historic Italian Vogue, British Vogue, Pop and i:D – she was the first Black model to walk in a Prada show for 10 years – previously it was Naomi Campbell who last walked in that show.
Jordan also was the face of many campaigns. Most notably Topshop, Benetton, and Gap.

It was reported that the model walked an amazing 92 shows at Spring 2009 Fashion Week.

Her biggest test for 2009 is to land a major contract.

Agyness Deyn was last years winner.

Source & Source

Best Dressed Of The Year 2008 - Readers Choice

Best Dressed Of The Year 2008 – Readers Choice

Red Carpet Hairstyle Of 2008 - Retro Waves

Red Carpet Hairstyle Of 2008 – Retro Waves

9 Responses to Model Of The Year 2008 – Jourdan Dunn

1. Terry December 22, 2008 at 14:01 #

She’s got mystery in her eyes and that’s what makes her gorgeous and absolutely unique!

2. Ace Azri December 22, 2008 at 14:30 #

i so agree on this choice..i was thinking u might choose coco rocha instead.

3. Fashion Critic December 22, 2008 at 14:42 #

Rocha is fab and I love her, but Jourdan achieved so much in a short space of time.

4. LILA December 22, 2008 at 15:18 #

I think she’s gorgeous, she can go from fresh-faced beauty to sexy vamp (like on the vogue paris calendar), i like her walk and her portfolio is quite great till now, while i think Chanel Iman is sooooo overrated. I much prefer this year’s choice then last’s..i think Catherine McNeil deserved it so much more. Anyway..even though she’s not one of my favourite i really like her =)

5. Leo December 22, 2008 at 16:26 #

Jourdan had an amazing year, there’s no doubt.

But for me, Caroline Trentini can’t be toped as my favourite model of the year, she had another amazing year and never ceases to amaze me. I also fell in love with Mariacarla Boscono this year.

6. LILA December 22, 2008 at 20:27 #

Caroline and Maria Carla are pretty “old”..they’ve been in the industry for ages, MariaCarla’s been around since ’97..i think model of the year is about recognizing a new rising model..am i right? Otherwise i’d choose Lakshmi Menon, Anja Rubik or Lara Stone..not so new but they are ,y favourite righ now..they all had an amazing year..

7. Fashion Critic December 22, 2008 at 21:05 #

Lakshmi Menon would have been my second choice.

8. Arasto December 23, 2008 at 00:54 #

100% agree with you. A real stunne and a new face of beauty. Love her.

9. Ruthless MEME December 23, 2008 at 04:00 #

I’m so proud of Jourdan Dunn…. she has achieved alot in a short amount of time…… she is truly gonna be the next star in the fashion industry…..