22.12.08 Best Of

Best Dressed Of The Year 2008 – Readers Choice

Check back tomorrow for my Top 10, which is very different from yours.

Source

Best Newcomer & Breakout Star 2013 - Lupita Nyong’o

Best Newcomer & Breakout Star 2013 – Lupita Nyong’o

Model Of The Year 2008 - Jourdan Dunn

Model Of The Year 2008 – Jourdan Dunn

19 Responses to Best Dressed Of The Year 2008 – Readers Choice

1. Atelier December 22, 2008 at 13:40 #

I Cannot Wait For Your List!!!! I am expecting shocking choices that will make us all say..WhAT!
    I Agree With Most Of The Choices, except with two…I really dont like anne hathaway`s oscar dress; yes! it was sooo much better than last year`s and truly is a very beautiful gown, but it didnt wow me at all!! and the girl who is between olga kurylenko and camilla belle…God No!!! safe,safe,safe!!
    I cant even remember her name! ;)
    Versace definately never goes wrong, 3 of the women are wearing Versace,, i love that!

2. Fashion Critic December 22, 2008 at 13:46 #

I only have 3 or 4 the same as this list.

Jessica Szohr is the girl you are referring to. I loved that dress.

3. Ace Azri December 22, 2008 at 13:59 #

oh well i was expecting marion to be 1. but alas atleast she is in the top 10.

4. Anonymous December 22, 2008 at 14:47 #

I love you FC…but i'm guessing your list will be more conventional & classic.

5. Fashion Critic December 22, 2008 at 15:09 #

: ) thanks

I am not sure about classic, but there is a lot that none of those who sent me their top 10 even considered, which was a shock to me.

6. Danielle December 22, 2008 at 15:22 #

My top 3:

1. Dita von Teese – Christian Lacroix Couture Fall 2007 (dress)

2. Dita von Teese – Christian Dior Fall 2007 (coat)

3. Joy Bryant – Ralph Lauren Spring 2008 (dress & jacket)

7. LILA December 22, 2008 at 15:38 #

Not that impressed by this list..i’d save Marion Cotillard, Charlize Theron, Camilla Belle and the first Anne Hathaway’s. I’m not really good with lists because i cant never decide but i’d add Olivia Wilde’s gown and Mariska Hargitay’s Carolina Herrera from the Emmys, Joy Bryant’s Missoni jumpsuit, Mila Kunis’ amazing Matthew Williamson and Diane Kruger in almost everything she’s ever worn. These are the only ones i can think of..but i’m lookin forward to your list..=)

8. whitestroke December 22, 2008 at 15:47 #

The reason why I didn't email you was because I honestly wanted to see how would the final choices look like without my input.

I don't know what Anonymous is talking about, that YOUR list would be more 'conventional & classic', assuming THIS one isn't, I guess. I beg to differ. I'm looking forward to your list tomorrow because I'm quite disappointed with this. It's way too safe. First of all, only ONE mini dress? Really? It kinda bothers me to see that people usually think of 'GOWNS on the red carpet' as Best Dressed. That's a safe choice. I remember almost all of these looks that were up for voting that won, but I didn't vote for. Like Anne, Charlize, Olga, Jessica, and so on. Anne at the Oscars? Seriously? And SJP… It was a case of the celeb I love and the dress I love, but I didn't love them together that much.

Urgh. I hate being so negative…

9. Anonymous December 22, 2008 at 15:50 #

I really loved renee zellweger’s oscar dress it was far better than anne hathaways or marion cotillard..it was the only dress this year that was a modern twist to Old Hollywood style total bling-out glamour…
    I’d only choose 4 dresses from this list to be my fav
    Ah well,I’m more excited about FC’s list!!

10. Fashion Critic December 22, 2008 at 15:59 #

OK…I am starting to feel a bit of pressure now. :)

I will stand by my list. I just hope ya’ll like it.

11. Leo December 22, 2008 at 16:17 #

Jessica Szohr? I would never have imagined this would end up on a best dressed list. It’s beyond boring and safe.

12. alyss December 22, 2008 at 16:25 #

Haha, I had exactly the same thought as whitestroke: JSP is great herself and so the dress is- but together? No way.
    Anne Hathaway’s Oscar gown was nice, but I also don’t think that it’s one of the best dresses of 2008. Same with Jessica Szohr.

I hope Cate Blanchett and her adorable blush Armani Privé gown will appear in your list, FC- but no pressure, of course. :)
    I know, it’s a bit weird, but although Cate wore this dress in Cannes, in April or May maybe, I am still in love with it.

13. snippet December 22, 2008 at 20:46 #

This list just further affirms my adoration of Versace… every Atelier collection is so beautifully done. The only dress I really liked that isn’t on here is Naomi Watts’ Thierry Mugler from the Met Ball. I think that dress is a little underrated… it was so gorgeous and it stood out among the many dresses at that event.

14. leslie December 22, 2008 at 21:43 #

The two gowns I picked didn’t even make this list :P

I do absolutely love Camilla here, I had forgotten about her!

15. Erin December 23, 2008 at 00:51 #

I don’t really like half this list…:/ Anne’s Oscar dress, SJP’s dress, Posh’s dress, and Christina Ricci’s dress, I really don’t like. Olga’s and Jessica Szhor’s dresses are okay, and I honestly never saw the fuss over Marion’s Oscar dress. I love Anne’s “Rachel Getting Married” premiere dress, Charlize’s dress, and Camilla’s dress.
    I can’t wait to see your list, FC.

16. sal December 23, 2008 at 12:45 #

This is shocking, I can’t believe Cate Blanchett’s Armani Prive gown from Cannes is not even in the top 10! I mean it really should have been number 1. Instead Anne Hathaway’s dress from Venice made it which clearly borrows elements from the Armani gown: pale colour; ruffles and DRAMA.

17. robbie December 23, 2008 at 12:46 #

im not liking the top 5 to be honest, personally i would have it

1. kylie (so upset she isnt on the list, she looked amazing at the brits)
    2 – charlize
    3 – marion
    4 – olga
    5 – anne

18. Nikki December 23, 2008 at 14:54 #

I don’t remember the good red carpet looks but so far the ones that I like that are not on the list are:

1. Olivia Wilde in Reem Acra Spring 2008 at the Emmys
    2. Leighton Meester in Lanvin at the 2008 Teen Choice Awards
    3. Cate Blanchett in Armani Prive Spring 2008 gown at the premiere of Blindness

The ones that I don’t agree with are:
    1. Olga Kurylenko (I wish she had done her hair up)
    2. Jessica Szhor (Love the dress but no wow factor)
    3. I don’t know her name…and I’m not a fan of her dress.

19. Sade December 29, 2008 at 15:12 #