11.11.08

2008 Glamour Women Of The Year Awards

Every morning when I am looking at the pictures of events from the previous night, I am always looking to say wow. I had two moment like that today, and the first was Nicole Kidman.

I am not sure you will all love the ice queen in her stunning spaghetti strapped L’Wren Scott Spring 2009 ice white gown, with jeweled detail on the empire-waist, but I absolutely adore her here.

She is so statuesque, regal even. I came imagine jaws were dropping all night.

Along with Ali Larter, Nicole is up for Best Dressed this week.

And if you think the front is amazing, look at the detail on the back.

Kate Bosworth did not opt for a stunning gown, but the affects are just the same.

Her black tuxedo-style Chanel dress with a white bib, was amazing and sophisticated enough for her stand on the same red carpet as Nicole Kidman.

I do not think there has ever been a time when I was not impressed with Natalie Portman.

She appears to be a quiet shy retiring type, but girlfriend knows how to master the red carpet, and she did so again, wearing a black Jolibe Fall 2008 dress with a sequined panel going down the front, and folds on the skirt.

She completed her look with a pair of pom pom shoes, which she also owns in purple.

There was a time when America Ferrera would wear nothing but black. Thank god those days appear to be over as the Ugly Betty actress took to the red carpet last night wearing a multi-coloured sleeved Oscar de la Renta Pre-Fall 2008 embroidered dress.

Love the dress, not so crazy about the Amy Wino hair ‘do, which she has sported before.

Sarah Michelle Gellar opted against her bangs, which she sported last week in favour of a messy up ‘do.

Like many women at this event she opted for a white dress. This dress was by Vicente Villarin Spring 2009

The beaded detail on Selita Ebanks’ dress is the most interesting detail on her grey gown with a black overlay.

I love the way she constantly adapts her crop. I wish I had the guts to go for the chop.

What is up with young Hollywood?

Taylor Swift should be trying to give people like Natalie Portman a run for her money, but instead she opts for a long, plain, boring black gown.

Taylor is usually very impressive on the red carpet so I am a touch, sorry very disappointed in this effort.

When she rocks, she rocks, and Fergie rock it last night.

The singer arrived looking sweet and innocent wearing an amazing white Michael Kors gown, with a jeweled bodice. Can’t wait to see this girls wedding gown.

You may have noticed that Fergie has put on a bit of weight. The singer put on 13 pounds to play a character named Saraghina in the upcoming movie musical Nine.

Debra Messing is not often on the red carpet, and she rarely gets it wrong. On this occasion, I think she did, as this Ralph Lauren Fall 2008 dress does anything for her at all.

Despite it being just a black dress by Gucci, I do like it on Tyra Banks as for once she is toned down and not over the top.

This is not my favourite look for Jane Krakowski. I think it is her hair, because her strapless Philosophy Di Alberta Ferretti satin bustier dress is a gorgeous berry colour.

Source

Cosmopolitan Ultimate Women Of The Year Awards

Cosmopolitan Ultimate Women Of The Year Awards

42nd Annual CMA Awards Red Carpet

42nd Annual CMA Awards Red Carpet

16 Responses to 2008 Glamour Women Of The Year Awards

1. Anonymous November 11, 2008 at 11:11 #

I actually like Taylor’s look.

2. Anonymous November 11, 2008 at 11:12 #

I have to say i am not as wowed as you are, but i do agree Nicole was by far the best dressed of the night, i absolutely adore L’Wren Scott’s last collection.

Kate Bosworth looked amazing, but it was an event for long dresses imo, and America Ferrera looked great too, as i’m in love with everything Oscar de la Renta did in the last couple of collections.

Fergie’s dress is amazing, the dress looks similiar to Roberto Cavalli’s dress that Emma Bunton wore when she performed Headlines at Victoria’s Secret Show. I never realized Fergie’s boobs are so big.

All the black dresses didn’t impress me.

Electra.

3. Raquell November 11, 2008 at 12:31 #

I’m not as woed as you are about Nicoel either, but I like the dress. The hair’s a mess, though.

I love Nathalie, I just wish her hair was up so we could see more of the collar of her dress.

The more I look at Amerrica’s dress, the more I like it. But the hair… why?

Fergie, uh, her dress does make she look that big, doesn’t it?

4. Danika November 11, 2008 at 13:19 #

I love Nicole Kidman’s Ice Princess look, and they are not even the best angles of her from last night and yet still stunning. I love Fergie’s dress but I don’t think it is very flattering on her upper body.I agree Taylor’s look is a bit boring and safe although I do love her hairstyle…

5. Danika November 11, 2008 at 13:25 #

Also Fashion Critic did you see the back of Nicole Kidman’s dress it has amazing embroidery detail, maybe you could put a picture up of it..

6. Fashion Critic November 11, 2008 at 13:32 #

where did you see a back picture? I can only find pictures from the side

7. Fashion Critic November 11, 2008 at 13:38 #

Danika, thank you. Your are right, it is amazing.

8. robbie November 11, 2008 at 13:49 #

wow nicole is by far the best dressed. i adore her style is sexy but classy. i love all the l’wren scott dresses she chooses. cant wait to vote for nicole as best dressed of the week.

9. OnCloud9 November 11, 2008 at 13:52 #

Nicole and Fergie’s dresses are WOW
    i’m a sucker for white dresses and these two are absolutely gorgeous!!

10. Anonymous November 11, 2008 at 15:29 #

I agree that Nicole Kidman looked great. Her dress is just beautiful. Love the color on her.

America Ferrera, I think she could do better. I’m not a fan of her dress.

Natalie Portman, I’m sorry, but her look is kinda boring. No wow factor there. LBD witha few details and pumps.

Now Fergie, just gorgeous. Love the details on the bust, and her hair and makeup — perfect.

I love Debra Messing’s dress, but it does nothing for her.

11. mila November 11, 2008 at 15:31 #

I think Fergie looks the best!I’m not her biggest fan,but she looks amazing,very elegant!Thank God she is over her crazy combinations.Now she looks amazing,like a real woman

12. Anonymous November 11, 2008 at 17:48 #

Nicole’s dress is beautiful!! WOW!1 The back is stunning!!

Love Fergie’s too!!

I do not like Tyra, but I have to admit, she looks great!

Taylor is boring, love Natalie Portman, she is so naturally beautiful!!

Caligirl

13. Payal November 11, 2008 at 18:41 #

Isn’t Jane’s a Ferretti?

14. Fashion Critic November 11, 2008 at 18:55 #

Thanks, it very much looks like it.

15. dc88tigger November 12, 2008 at 02:56 #

I’m sorry, but I think Nicole’s dress is something a tacky bride would wear. And her skin and hair look yellow…not too flattering.

16. Ksenia February 14, 2010 at 22:34 #

~Taylor Swift is not just boring, she is depressing in her Dress of Doom.
    ~Selita Ebanks’ gown is pretty, but just falls right past her body like someone running right past you without noticing your existence.
    ~I love the front of this Roberto Cavalli Spring 2009 dress but the butt is dumb, but comfy. Miley Cyrus needs to get a better stylist.
    ~Sarah Michelle Gellar has no legs. Where did they go?