Runway To The MTV EMAs Stage – Beyonce In Gareth Pugh

When Beyonce Knowles performed her hit single If I Wear A Boy at the 2008 MTV Europe Music Awards tonight, she wore ANOTHER Gareth Pugh creation. This time from the Fall 2008 collection.

The singer opted out of the ribbed leather leggings, but wore the dress, with structured shoulders and a peplum at the waist.

The single is a very slow gushy ballad, so you would have expected Beyonce to come out in a long flowing Elie Saab, or Versace gown, but no.

Could this be the turn around I have been praying for? Time will tell.

Source & Source

Menswear Red Carpet Roundup

Menswear Red Carpet Roundup

2008 MTV Europe Music Awards

2008 MTV Europe Music Awards

13 Responses to Runway To The MTV EMAs Stage – Beyonce In Gareth Pugh

1. robbie November 6, 2008 at 23:35 #

HATE IT! the dress on her and on the runway. one of the ugliest dresses i have seen in a long time on a runway.

2. Anonymous November 7, 2008 at 00:33 #

She looked gorgeous in both dresses!

3. GLADITSNIGT.COM November 7, 2008 at 00:45 #

Please! The dress is a work of art. Very structured and fashion forward. Wouldn’t expect for Beyonce to wear that in a million years.

Pleasantly surprised though. Looks as though she is finally listening to others outside of her camp on her image, style and music.

Be in tune with your audience and the public Beyonce.

4. Erin November 7, 2008 at 02:05 #

I always find Beyonce’s attempt at edgy fashion totally misguided. The clothes just don’t fit with her ‘glamour’ persona. I’m still cringing from when she wore those gold plated Balenciaga leggings and weird top for one of her performances.

5. Raquel November 7, 2008 at 02:37 #

This is probably the best I have ever seen Beyoncee. It’s fashion forward, it’s daring, it’s a piece of art, it’s edgy. I LOVE it.

6. Patricia November 7, 2008 at 02:44 #

I feel like she’s trying to phase into some Rihanna-esque edgyness. But maybe it’s just me.

7. Jeremy November 7, 2008 at 02:59 #

It’s just you.

8. Arasto November 7, 2008 at 04:26 #

She looks ridiculous. You cannot wear a dress like that and then have hoop earings and cheerleader hair. It’s like she was just trying it on at the store — without hair and makeup. She is trying too hard to be edgy like Rihanna and it is coming off as contrived and insincere. She should stick to the sequins and wigs.

9. Anne November 7, 2008 at 08:54 #

I like that she tries out smething more edgy, but if she wants to pull it off, it’s not enough just to put on a new dress – she has to leave the hoop-earrings and try out a new hairdo too. Otherwise the look just looks unfinished and sort of glued on to the old Beyoncé..

10. mila November 7, 2008 at 09:30 #

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    what an ugly dress!!!It’s NOT for her.
    I love Gareth Pugh but,hmmm…not this dress:(

11. Anonymous November 7, 2008 at 21:40 #

Great choices on the outfits, but not enough to pull it off. Amazed but not impressed.

12. Anonymous November 7, 2008 at 22:36 #

In the pic given, I actually like it. That said, I’ve seen it at another angle and wasn’t so keen – but I think I’ll opt for liking it.

Heh, Beyonce’s trying a bit too hard lately but I’ll give her this one and the last one.

13. Kyutipye November 8, 2008 at 15:18 #

I don’t like this at all. Even without the leggings, I still find it ugly. The colour and everything.