13.09.08

New York Fashion Week Spring 2009 End Of The Week Round Up

Naeem Khan Spring 2009 had an Asian inspired collection, with obi belts, and brightly coloured embroideries.

Khan presented asymmetrical dresses, bell-bottoms, and florals pieces that his faithful clientele will love.

Khan is one of my favorite designers, as he excels at creating the most luxurious red carpet gowns. I loved the silver/orange ombre strapless gown with the sequined bodice, and pink metallic number. With the Emmy’s coming up, hopefully we will see one of these dresses on the red carpet.

Sanaa Lathan surely stood out in the front row, wearing a lime green plunge neck dress.

Aubrey O’Day stood out for a different reason…looking ridiculous.

What are those black things on her legs? And why does she need to bring her pooch to Fashion Week? *eye-roll*

I am not a fan of gowns at Fashion Week, as I don’t think it is the right place to wear them, so I think Ashanti gets it so wrong here. But I do like the jeweled detailed dress itself.

Tommy Hilfiger’s Spring 2009 collection colour palette saw an explosion of citrus shades, including peach, lemon and tangerine. For once the collection was not heavily dominated by his signature red/white/blue.

Diane Kruger wowed in a Tommy Hilfiger Fall 2008 ensemble of a plaid pussy-bow blouse, navy and red spotted skirt, and a deliciously sexy pair of over-the-knee-boots.

Her blouse can be purchased from the Tommy Hilfiger website.

Hilary Swank wore a navy belted shirt/dress, as she posed with a very dapper John Legend.

Carmen Marc Valvo’s Spring 2009 collection was full of signature ladylike cocktail dresses and red carpet gowns.

The colour palette mostly consisted of black, white, silver and gold in mostly metallics.

Emmy Rossum is a Carmen Marc Valvo faithful She has worn his dresses to many events such as the PiNKiTUDE event and the Sex And The City Premiere, so it is no wonder she was here to pick out her next red carpet dress.

Source & Source & Source & Source

Menswear Round Up

Menswear Round Up

60th Primetime Creative Arts Emmy Awards Red Carpet

60th Primetime Creative Arts Emmy Awards Red Carpet

6 Responses to New York Fashion Week Spring 2009 End Of The Week Round Up

1. Leslie September 13, 2008 at 22:00 #

The Naeem Khan white dress with flowers and a black obi is incredible.

2. Blake @ gladitsnight.com September 13, 2008 at 22:09 #

Cant say how much I love Emmy enough. We both have the same bday 9/12/86 which was yesterday!

Loved Sanaa’s dress. She looks great.

Diane-Ilove the combo of the two prints.Very sexy and she didnt even show any skin!

Ashanti yuk. I dont think that gown is best for her. at all.

3. liberian girl September 14, 2008 at 03:28 #

I agree with you about Ashanti’s gown, it was totally inappropriate. Was this her first time attending a runway show? Sanaa Lathan looks amazing.

4. pueblachic September 14, 2008 at 19:22 #

Yes there is some asian inspiration in naeem dresses, like the one before the last one, but there is also a lot of mexican inspiration. Actually, I dare to say that the main inspiration for this collection was the mexican embroidery, not the asian.

Those women are known as "tehuanas" and is one of the most known mexican traditions, mostly because of the embroidery.

Just wanted to point that out lol.

Yes, ashanti looks ridiculous. The dress does not look good on here and a runway show is in no way the right place to wear a gown.

Love your blog.

5. turquoisepassion September 15, 2008 at 22:34 #

The embroidery definitely looks asian… hands down. I used to do the same kind of embroidery in china as the ones that appears to adorn the red flowers dress with the black belt.

Anyway, WOW do I love Naneem Khan’s collection. usually I’m not blown away by runway collections but this is just awesome.

6. Jennifer Walker December 31, 2009 at 05:45 #

Does anyone know who Sanaa is wearing? I love that dress!