06.09.08 Worst Dressed

2008 Fashion Rocks Red Carpet – Worst Dressed

Worst Fancy Dress Award
Every event I ask the same question.

Why oh why does Lil Mama get invited to these events?

And the question is more urgent here, because this a FASHION event, and she has neither any style nor taste.

Worst Dressed Award
The attention seeker that is Solange Knowles, wore this bold grey Armani Privé Spring 2008 dress with a feathered bolero for one reason and one reason only, to scream LOOK AT ME.

We are looking honey, and we don’t like what we see, as it screams desperation.

What Happened To Your Innocence? Award
Are you as horrified as I am looking at 15 year old Taylor Momsen channeling heroin chic?

I am hating myself for loving her dress, which she accessorizes with Burberry bangles, but the make-up and the look in her eyes turns me cold.

Most Disappointing Award
I really hurts to put Leighton Meester on this list, but I really don’t like the colour combinations on her Missoni Resort 2009 colour-block dress, nor her hairstyle.

What The…? Award
I hate to use the drag queen comparison again to reference Tyra Banks, but in this case it is very apt.

What is with the make-up and that waxed facial expression?

Most Malnourished Award
Lydia Hearst needs to eat a Happy Meal, because girlfriends BMI is definitely under 18.

The cut out only emphasis her tiny frame.

Worst Look Book Award

Fergie is head to toe in the Gucci Fall 2008 collection. The folklore inspired blouse, the belt and the shoes combo, just look like it was picked from Look Book.

I do not feel that Fergie made this her own, as it feels very contrived.

Worst Use of Colour Award
Mary J Blige is hardly ever on my worst dressed list, but on this occasion I will have to say that I really don’t like the colour wash on this blue and white Roberto Cavalli halter-neck gown.

Worst Embellishments Award
Miley Cyrus sheer silver Zuhair Murad sequined mini dress with a matching bodysuit is typically over the top.

Worst Hair/Dress Combo Award
Natasha Bedingfield’s hair is so P!nk, like 5 years ago, and the dress is incredibly unflattering.

Most Underdressed Award
I would guess that Vanessa Carlton does not have a stylist, because no self respecting stylist would allow her to leave her house wearing this grey tank dress, with knee-length tights and booties.

Most Incredibly Boring Award
On such a fashionable night, why did Ana Ortiz choose such a boring plain black dress?

Worst Theme Award
It’s always good as a group to appear united and coordinated. It was a great idea to all dress in sari’s, but it only works on the three from the left, Jessica Sutta, Ashley Roberts and Nicole Scherzinger.

There is too much exposure for this traditional attire, but that is too be expected from PCD.

Source & Source

Screen Actors Guild Awards - Worst Dressed

Screen Actors Guild Awards – Worst Dressed

2008 Fashion Rocks Red Carpet - Best Dressed

2008 Fashion Rocks Red Carpet – Best Dressed

14 Responses to 2008 Fashion Rocks Red Carpet – Worst Dressed

1. mila September 6, 2008 at 07:57 #

haha what are Pussycat dolls wearing???They look so funny,i really dont like it!
    I love Fergie’s shoes,they are AMAZING!!!
    And Solange Knowles always has some sick combinations,totally ugly!!!!
    And yes,I agree that Lydia Hearst needs to eat a
    Happy Meal…

2. robbie September 6, 2008 at 08:29 #

god FC i do love reading your comments especially when it comes to your worst dressed list.

i agree with every comment!

i actually think the pussycat dolls girls look nice, but they need to cover their bras jeez

i cant bare to look at lydia, it makes me sick (sorry to be rude) but it does, she needs to put on weight, she looks like she could break at any minute

3. Fashion Critic September 6, 2008 at 09:06 #

thanks robbie :)

4. sophie September 6, 2008 at 15:39 #

I disagree, I think they look elegant and sexy and I love seeing people embracing other cultures and actually carryign it off well

Sophie

5. Richard September 6, 2008 at 15:46 #

Don’t you mean “Most Malnourished”?

6. Fashion Critic September 6, 2008 at 16:02 #

I did yes, thank you

7. John, Portland September 6, 2008 at 16:14 #

Are you kidding, the Pussycat Dolls look great and for once they don’t look like a bunch of w$%$#s !

John, Portland

8. Richard September 6, 2008 at 17:38 #

Your Welcome, I love reading your posts ;]

9. Rachel September 6, 2008 at 17:51 #

I think Leighton’s dress would’ve been cuter when the pink top was the same color as her skirt part. Btw. I adore Miley’s dress!

10. gladitsnight.com September 6, 2008 at 18:20 #

I DIDNT LIKE BRANDYS DRESS :(

11. leena September 6, 2008 at 21:00 #

Holy hell, look at Taylor Momsen. If she’s halved the make up, brushed her hair and dropped the crackwhore expression, it would have been nice, but jeez!

12. Anonymous September 8, 2008 at 05:20 #

The dress Solange Knowles is wearing is actually from Armani Prive 2008. (http://www.style.com/slideshows/fashionshows/S2008CTR/APRIVE/RUNWAY/00300m.jpg)

13. Fashion Critic September 8, 2008 at 07:27 #

OMG…you are SO right. She murdered it.

14. Anonymous September 28, 2008 at 01:00 #

In a very weird way Tyra banks reminds me of Jessica Alba here. That’s who I thought it was at first!