Atelier Versace Fall 2008

Versace do not normally have a runway show for their Couture (Atelier) collection, but on this occasion they included Donatella’s illustrations with the Couture photographs on the Versace website.

For me this Fall 2008 collection is not as spectacular as the Spring 2008 collection, which saw 6 of the 15 gowns appear on the red carpet.

Of course all of these 17 gowns have red carpet potential, especially the gold lame striped gown, the black strapless gown with a star detail on the hip, and the one-shouldered see-through gown that looks like a spiders web above.

But I am slightly disappointed as some of the gowns look better as illustrations – this applies mostly to the green dress. I am also disappointed that I could not see the front of all of the dress. Back and side views just frustrate me.

Source

2008 BET Awards Red Carpet

2008 BET Awards Red Carpet

2008 ESPY Awards Red Carpet - Worst Dressed

2008 ESPY Awards Red Carpet – Worst Dressed

8 Responses to Atelier Versace Fall 2008

1. CoutureCarrie July 14, 2008 at 18:28 #

Wow! I love these sketches!!!

2. ivette July 15, 2008 at 00:34 #

i absolutely love the blck strapless dresses with purple and blue!! you should do what you did with the spring collection and pick who you think the dresses would look good on!!

haha i instantly recognized the skull pashmina from you net-a-porter favorites, i saw a picture of my fav girl aloud cheryl wearing it.

3. Fashion Ivy July 15, 2008 at 02:29 #

This is amazing. I love the sketches. I always love to see them.

4. turquoisepassion July 15, 2008 at 06:38 #

I love the first black one.

5. Anonymous July 15, 2008 at 11:09 #

LOVE LOVE LOVE
    Cate Blanchett take note!

6. Fashion Critic July 15, 2008 at 16:55 #

I agree Cate is perfect for a few of these dress, but she is wears a lot of Armani, so not sure if we will ever get to see her in these dresses.

7. Anonymous July 16, 2008 at 06:38 #

yeah I kinda forgot about that
    change of statement…
    Cate Blanchett please consider…

8. zoe July 22, 2008 at 19:49 #

wowwwwwwww i am so in love with versace right now! and ohmygosh those sketches are amazing! hours of meticulous work must have went into those. beautiful blending and color choices. i hope to God that one day i will be able to raw like that. that would bring me immense joy.
    i am in love with so many of these dresses. i think are only two dresses that i looked at and went wth? i love the first leopard print dress. amazing concept for the leopard print (which is kind of being used to death).