15.05.08

"Kung Fu Panda" Premiere – Cannes Film Festival Red Carpet

Last year at the Cannes Film Festival Angelina Jolie wowed us by wearing a yellow Ungaro gown, which I think was the first time we had seen her wear something other than black or grey.

This year she wows us again, mostly because she is pregnant with twins, but also because she is glowing in this forest green cleavage-baring chiffon Max Azria Atelier gown.

Aishwarya Rai was again on the red carpet, wearing a stunning nude beaded Giorgio Armani Spring 2008 gown with a matching clutch, which was spotted by High Heel Confidential.

This is Eva Longoria’s second stunning Versace Couture Spring 2008 gown, although I do think this dress would be better suited to someone much taller, as the tulle skirt and train seem to overwhelm her.

This gorgeous one-shoulder ivory gown has silver beaded accents, which the actress wore with silver shoes.

Lucy Liu is exquisite in this soft pink Roberto Cavalli Fall 2008 gown, embroidered with mother-of-pearl flowers. The colour compliments her skin well.

Whilst everyone wore gowns, Rachel Leigh Cook wore this strapless empire-jewel-waisted cocoon-type dress. This was a perfect choice for the young actress.

Australian singer Natalie Imbruglia, opted for a fuschia Alberta Ferretti plunge-neck and backless dress.

She is at Cannes to promote Elise a new Australian indie film.

For those of you who wonder why since I started this blog Phoebe Price has been #1 on my Fashion Failures list, please witness Exhibit A.

Source & Source

Menswear Midweek Red Carpet Roundup

Menswear Midweek Red Carpet Roundup

Cannes Film Festival - Che Premiere

Cannes Film Festival – Che Premiere

6 Responses to "Kung Fu Panda" Premiere – Cannes Film Festival Red Carpet

1. Aida May 16, 2008 at 01:33 #

Angelina and Aishwarya look stunning.
    Eva’s dress is amazing.
    Lucy is wearing Cavalli Fall 2008 in case you’re wondering.

2. Fashion Critic May 16, 2008 at 01:37 #

thanks aida

3. mdy May 16, 2008 at 07:22 #

god graceness from pheobe’s pic i can see nose job, lip injection and cheek implant. her hair is as hideos as her dress. aish and angie win this for me. eva’s dress is suprb, but i dont think she brought it well enuf. mayb on someone taller. it seems to me that aish and angie doesnt even have to try, they can wear shitty dresses and stil look good.

4. Mint May 16, 2008 at 09:43 #

This is the best Angelina has ever looked in her entire life, in my opinion. I’m not a fan of her at all but I cannot deny that here she looks absolutely radiant. Brad Pitt looks like a cross between Viggo Mortensen and Leonardo DiCaprio … which isn’t really a bad thing either. Best he’s looked for several months. Thank God he shaved most of that awful beard and toned down his hair. He is still looking much older than we’re used to seeing him … ah well, he might be three hundred years old some day but he’ll still be a stud.

Aishwarya Rai looks perfectly stunning. Gorgeous woman. Eva Longoria’s dress is profoundly beautiful. I wonder how hard it was for her to move around in it … love her hair also.

Lucy Liu also looks fantastic. Haven’t seen her for a while.

5. Anonymous May 16, 2008 at 12:42 #

natalie imbruglia’s not working with L’Oreal anymore…they didn’t renew her contract after five years. she’s there to promote Elise a new australian indie film she has the lead in.

6. Fashion Critic May 16, 2008 at 14:10 #