23.12.07 Best Of

The 10 Worst Red Carpet Dresses Of 2007

The 10 Worst Red Carpet Dresses Of 2007

Screen Actors Guild Awards - Worst Dressed

Screen Actors Guild Awards – Worst Dressed

8 Responses to The 10 Best Red Carpet Dresses Of 2007

1. Brendastarlet December 23, 2007 at 05:05 #

I’ve got to disagree on three of your choices: the white Dior and Oscar gowns and the Chanel teal dress. The Dior and Oscar are too costume-y: in order to make a red carpet statement, there needs to be right combination of dress and wearer. Meanwhile, the Chane is really nothing special. I definitely agree with the pink Dior and Azzedine, however.

2. jasmine December 23, 2007 at 05:09 #

I LOVE CATE’S DRESS, ITS GORGEOUS AND SHE LOOKS FANTASTIC IN IT!!
    ALSO NICOLE’S DRESS IS GREAT! THE COLOR IS PREFECT ON HER!!!

I DEFINETLY AGREE, WITH ALL THE DRESSED THAT U HAVE PICKED!

3. Fashion Critic December 23, 2007 at 11:47 #

Hey Brendastarlet,

That is OK. I was not expecting everyone to agree with my choices, which is why I expanded it to 10 rather than 1.

I personally love the vibrant colour of the Oscar dress and the contrast against Kerry’s skin.

I adore the Chanel teal resort dress. I agree that not all resort dresses work on the red carpet but for me Sienna is stunning in this dress.

Eva Green is one of my favourites because she takes risks. This dress was a risk, not many could have pulled it off, but she did. At the time I applauded her for wearing this dress and I still do.

It is just beautiful. IMO

Thanks for your comments FC x

4. Fashion Critic December 23, 2007 at 11:48 #

Thanks Jasmine,

I know a lot of people did not like Nicole’s dress because of the bow, but the colour for me just made her pop, she wanted to stand out and she did.

Thanks for your comments and agreeing with me :)

5. electra December 24, 2007 at 13:12 #

I like Nicole, Cate and Katie, the rest i’m not to keen on.

6. Brendastarlet December 28, 2007 at 19:43 #

No problem — you rock!

I just saw that yellow Oscar dress too many places this year, and I didn’t think it did him (or the wearer) justice.

7. MaddyKat December 10, 2008 at 12:13 #

Cate is amazing in her dress, & Nicole is just Stunning! I call it a draw!

8. Nik December 22, 2008 at 13:33 #

Ugh…Cameron the Zoebot is out.

I agree definitely with Cate’s Givenchy and Nic’ Dior.

Sienna and Katie Holmes look gorgeous…but that’s expected with Alaia and Chanel– too gorgeous and not enough styley– the credit goes to the designers.

Eva Green wins it for me. Like you said– the moment, the girl, the dress, the hair and make up just aligned– so i would have to go with her. This is the dress that Eva wore that year— it’s a fashion moment like that time J-Lo wore that Varsace to the Grammy’s.

I urge you to go with your instinct, but my chips are on Eva IMHO.

-sTAV